Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,238 Posts
from Car and Driver: ‘The return of the Ford Bronco is starting to feel as slow-moving as O.J. Simpson's 1994 car chase through Los Angeles.’
They say that like it's a bad thing (and it was), but everyone was infatuated with that train wreck. So, that analogy doesn't quite work like C&D presumably intended.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't see this posted but Ford has a landing page for the Bronco on their site:

Back and badder than ever. The legendary Ford Bronco.
The Ford Bronco is back by popular demand. The iconic SUV was one of the world’s leading 4x4 vehicles for three decades, from the mid-sixties until the mid-nineties. This new generation Bronco boasts the latest in smart technology and a bold new look while remaining true to its rugged roots. More information to come. In the meantime, check out what’s being said about the new Bronco on Ford Social .

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,426 Posts
Apparently you can subscribe to get Bronco updates directly from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. (See what I did there?? Lol) Also, the official logo has been released and Spring 2020 release confirmed - most likely Detroit Auto Show in early June.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,476 Posts
Side mirror either looks too high, or that roof is way too low for this old guy, hard to tell while it’s wearing its bed sheet. Took a ride in a new camero that belonged to a buddy... looked like we were looking out a tank window from inside the roof was so low! Just my $0.02

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,893 Posts
I got all excited watching this clip, including parts of familiar Classic Bronco & FSB ads, hoping it was an indication of things to come. I thought "Wow! They remembered what Broncos are about!" Until they showed a B-2 just rolling down the road. ? (closest smiley out of this android list that fits what went thru my head).

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,343 Posts
Have to say I like the rumble of that V8 better than the tractor sound of the R but it sounds like it amps up once it gets going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,082 Posts
I can see both sides of that issue. I really think it's more of an exposure thing, personally. When I first saw that same teaser vid, I thought there were some very specific views that totally hit off the Jeep familiarity. On the flip side, I've never owned an EB and I don't see them very often in the real world. Obviously, we're all over-exposed to the Jeeps that seem to be more common than trucker hats.
Also... we have to consider that some of those lines will carry over but a lot of others are pretty "Go-Fast", "Desert Race" style on that teaser body.

Again... not such a big fan of this waiting, teaser game Ford's been playing for years now, with the new Bronco release.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,836 Posts
So it's a truck with a 3' bed??? ?

221 - 240 of 250 Posts