• I am usually 10 mins. its cold outside

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Mine dosent start.

Votes: 3 4.3%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
mine doesnt start regularly at the moment....but when it does, i dont wait that long, just have it idle normals im gone.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,248 Posts
Not running at the moment, but usually once the choke lets go and the idle mellows... I'm gone.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Just so you guys know.

Your vehicle does not require warming up persay. The only thing that is 100% required before you drive is to have normal oil pressure. This usually happens within seconds after starting anyway.

When your oil pressure is to normal status the engine is lubed and ready to go.

Warming it up for a few minutes is ok, but dont warm it up for to long because that can cause a build up of carbon.

This came directly from a lab technician who works for Ford, and a former oil chemist for Pennsoil. I had the luxury of talking with this guy for a while, really smart guy.

Just an fyi all.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I hate cold weather, I start it then run back inside and wait.

Yes I know I live in Atlanta but I swear it's cold.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Well this is true beer man. But When you start your truck up at -10 It don't like it... My truck has oil pressure as soon as I crank it..

I usually start the truck then scrap the windows and go. If I'm cold I put on a hat and gloves. When the engine is cold I don't run it hard. Like easy on the throttle I have about a 3 mile drive to get on the highway and it's warm by then.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
I'm a sissy, and have a remote starter. So I hit the remote after I get out of the shower. 10-15 minutes is not uncommon for me.

·
College User
2,026 Posts
I am in florida, turn the key and go...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i let the choke come down off high idle. and actually the truck will warm up faster if you are driving it. ive noticied sometimes it takes 5-10 min in the driveway before my temp gauge moves. drive it is like 2-3 minutes ant eh gauge moves. must be the load or something.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Depends on how big of a hurry I am in...and how cold it is outside. But usually a minute or two or when the idle drops down.

:beer
Bill

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I disabled the choke, but it fires up easily every morning regardless.

Cold mornings: about 3-5 minutes. Warm: Sometimes I start and go, otherwise I let it run for a minute or two.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
84brownbronco said:
i let the choke come down off high idle. and actually the truck will warm up faster if you are driving it. ive noticied sometimes it takes 5-10 min in the driveway before my temp gauge moves. drive it is like 2-3 minutes ant eh gauge moves. must be the load or something.
Science, 4th grade level.
Funny how friction works huh? :twak :slap :wacko :lowblow

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
well i would just start and go but my truck wont stay started if i dont warm it up.
when i put it in drive and get on the go it dies :shrug

1 - 20 of 24 Posts