Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This use to be a 1984 ford bronco.But now is mostly a 92 newer machine.I started by putting a low mileage 351W in front of my shift kitted C-6.trussed,9-inch with explorer discs,auburn limited slip and 4.10 gears.moser billet axle ends and upgraded bearings.Full cage which is tied into my engine cage.2 1/2 King coilovers front with soon to come king hydro bumps.15" longer radius arms threaded for future heim ends,and limit straps.boxxed TTB beams,superlift superrunner steering.16" travel king shocks in rear tied to interior cage,C-notched frame,longer shackles,With future plans of running Deaver springs.3 PRP race buckets,custom center console to match seats with carbon fiber vinyl.Full array of Autometer Phantom white faced gauges mounted in carbon fiber,running blue Led lighting.Front and rear prerunner bumpers,Fiberglass Hood with small scoop,Rear glass quarters,front glass fenders. Headers with dual exhaust and flowmasters,K&N intake,battery relocated to rear with quick shutoff.Etc. See pages 5 and 6 for updated pics. My superMotors page. https://www.supermotors.net/registry/22759

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot for the complement.Its been alot of work building it.Shes all in primer now.And the hard top has been painted and is ready to go.It will be Toyota Tundra Brillant blue.Had a billet gas door flush mounted into the driver side quarter panel.and the quarters if you cant tell are also flush mounted not just slapped on.Have to get a pic of the gauges when I get them in.White faced autometer Phantoms mounted in carbon fiber with large blue Led,s mounted in 194 bulb bases for illumination.They look awesome.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you look to the bottom right of the under hood pic you will see the hood pin.I made it floating.It is spring loaded and lines up perfectly with the Autofab hood piece and will float if anything moves around at all.Also for my hood prop I welded a rod to a wobbly 3/8ths size.Had a custom aluminum fan shroud built and mounted two Ford Tauraus fans to it. Just to the right of the air filter aluminum shroud (Out of the picture) Is a custom flush mounted fuse panel that has seperate fuses for each fog light. I installed a Ford Ranger heater box with Ac unit.There smaller than the bronco one.Less likely to get hit by tire.But plan to change that to a custom built aluminum unit that a friend of mine builds from scratch.Looks cool and clean.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the front we welded a 2x2 by 1/4 wall square tube and cut the frame at a angle.And then welded a 2x4x3/16ths tube directly in front of the powersteering unit for added strenght.As well as welding the whole crossmember under the engine so as to not just rely on the factory rivets.We built our own four inch drop brackets for the TTB beams that are hella stout and braced where possible.Instead of using weaker superlifts or rancho.The radius arms are hella stout too. .180 wall dom main tubes with .120 wall support tubes with threaded ends in arm for future heim ends and custom brackets.The front fenders dont look like they fit that well in the pics but they have been worked over at the body shop to fit like a GLOVE now.Also FYI the front bumper has two tubes that go through the grille and tie into the engine cage.With a 6061 aluminum skid plate on ER for a dreaded and hopefully never nose dive landing.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Ranger heater/ac box didnt line up perfectly with the firewall holes.But I just had to make a small plate to block off what wasnt covered.Should still work fine until I have a custom unit built.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
1,772 Posts
Very nice. How long has the build been going?

·
Registered
981 Posts
You are making me feel so inadequate with my junk.....and I was feeling pretty good about it for a change. Nice looking truck I am looking forward to the udates someday I will get pics of mine up but all these awesome ones arent helping with my motivation. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 498 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.