Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, thanks for reading this, i hope i can get some ideas from ya. 1993 Bronco 5.0 auto. Shortly after purchasing, the truck developed a hesitation from just off idle to about 2000 RPM. i have replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, pick-up coil, tps, iac valve, egr valve, O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor, checkd the timing(10 BTDC) and the vacuum(18 Hg). A shop cleaned and flow tested the injectors, and pump- all good. it seems to only act up once it's warm, and under all load conditions. Any ideas?

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Still sounds like injectors to me. stop throwing money at it by replacing parts without testing them. Get a Haynes manual and diagnose them. they may work properly but may need to be rebuilt.

Ken

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
coastiepete said:
sorry, i forgot to mention, no codes displayed.
Thats not posible, you should atleast get code 111

1clean5.8 said:
This has got to be my most favorite answer to every question pertaining in a vehicle running shotty.
Thats becouse it is the first thing that should be done when there are problems.

I have literaly seen people throw hundreds of dollars at a problem becouse they refuse to use a paper clip.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
correction

i did get the 111 code. actually, i got a code like this, if i'm reading it correctly:

OOO OOO O OOO OOO

i'm pretty sure this means everything is all good

Pete

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
coastiepete said:
i did get the 111 code. actually, i got a code like this, if i'm reading it correctly:

OOO OOO O OOO OOO

i'm pretty sure this means everything is all good

Pete
was it two constant beeps, pause then two more consant beeps? if so that would be a 22. if it was a 111 it would be beep pause beep pause beep. get my drift? check out ryans site. ford fuel injection.com or searche here there is a guy name steve83 and he did this long write up on how to scan for codes. it works trust me

ken

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how to diagnose?

how can you tell if it is plugged up? do you have to just cut it open? i don't smell anything, and the exhaust flows pretty smoothly. How can i check it out?

Pete

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
code check

Ken, the i actually bought a little code scanner, and the output was

beep pause beep pause beep long pause beep pause beep pause beep long pause beep long pause beep pause beep pause beep long pause beep pause beep pause beep.

I did replace the fuel filter also.

By the way, thank you all for your responses, i'm getting more help here than i did at the dealer. I took it in, and it sat for 8 business days without the hood even being popped. gotta love costumer service at Duncan Ford in Key West! i picked up the truck, disgusted with them

Pete

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Maybe it is your Air Intake Temp sensor. What ever it is, stop quessing and throwing money at the problem, buy a Haynes manual already and follow the procedure for checking all your sensors.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
was it two constant beeps, pause then two more consant beeps? if so that would be a 22. if it was a 111 it would be beep pause beep pause beep. get my drift?
You cant have 3 digit codes and 2 diget codes.
His are 3 digit codes.

This page shows how to test fore exhaust blockage and many other things with a vacume gauge. http://www.users.bigpond.com/ergoff/vac2.htm

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Gacknar said:
You cant have 3 digit codes and 2 diget codes.
His are 3 digit codes.

Gack i know this. i was trying to get a beeter explanation of his code. he is getting the all clear code.

Do a search on cleaning the Idle air control valve. that helped a bit. also how many miles are on the engine

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still stumblin

The truck has 97,000 miles on it. i checked the IAC valve and sensor, it was a little carboned up, but not bad. the valve was seating well, it had the wear ring all the way around it. i heard that sometimes the valve could seat a little crooked, and leak around the edges. the sensor was within spec. the haynes book describes the power steering pressure sensor as a sensor that gives the pcm the capability to advance or retard timing and or fuel delivery, based on load. today, i turned the wheel hard over at idle while parking, and it stalled. i would like to check the sensor, but the book says to take it to a dealer. does anyone know the deal with that sensor? voltage/resistance specs?

Pete

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i have never heard of this sensor before. i would think it would come out of the PS pump correct or how else would it know what is going on. there are no snesors going to the pump. Hmmm may have to look into that.

ken

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
steering pressure switch

ken, if you have a haynes, it's page 4-23, middle column, 1/3 of the way down. it states that if it won't open, it will cause the pcm to retard timing. if it won't close, it could cause the engine to die. it doesn't state where it is though

Pete

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Gacknar said:
The PSPS is in the presure hose from the PS pump.

well learn something new everyday

1 - 20 of 27 Posts