Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My Bronco Isn't My Only
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of lately (actually, started when I got mad at my woman the other day and tried to floor it around a corner) whenever I push down on the pedal "too far" it starts to choke out in kind of a "rev, die, rev, die, rev" kind of pattern.
If I go from a dead stop sometimes it tries to die completely when I accelerate and starts bucking a little, then smooths out as I get going.
I'm hoping I just need to change the fuel filter, please tell me this doesn't sound like an injector problem :(
Any ideas and things to check?

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
cleaned out the AIC latley ?? Did the 'ol lady clean it and cleaned it with the wrong stuff and ruined it to get back at you fer yelling at her ?

·
My Bronco Isn't My Only
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cleaned out the AIC latley ?? Did the 'ol lady clean it and cleaned it with the wrong stuff and ruined it to get back at you fer yelling at her ?
Nope, should I start there or with the filter?

Lol, my old lady hates my Bronco and wouldn't touch her :haha

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
I would start with the IAC, If the filter is old then replace that too. You have to figure that the filters flow alot of fuel cause of how rotton the gas mileage is-

·
My Bronco Isn't My Only
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IAC didn't seem too bad. Me and Navynuke tore out the old fuel filter (and replaced the air filter because it needed to be done) and it seemed it helped a little; I could step on it and it would actually growl again instead of choking.
It seemed like it was only a temporary fix and it started to bog down a little bit again, so I went and bought some fuel injector cleaner and ran a bottle through. Again, seems to have helped a little, but not solved my problem.
I'm wondering if this problem is related to my check engine light that likes to flash when I put some weight on the gas pedal, possibly a cylinder missing?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Check your fuel pressure. What's your timing set at? Tune up. Pull codes.

·
My Bronco Isn't My Only
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check your fuel pressure. What's your timing set at? Tune up. Pull codes.
Any way to check fuel pressure without a $50 fuel gauge? Don't have the cash or the equipment at the moment :/
What about checking timing without a light?
I have a code puller, but it seems like the EEC input may be broken? It doesn't seem like the "casing" comes off like it did on my old car.
Maybe I'm just being too scared of braking it? :haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts