Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting this message when surfing the web

503 Service Unavailable

Resources to service this request are not available.

This message is sent by Packeteer PacketShaper.
what the hell does that mean????? i get it all kindsa times, i got it once or twice tryin to access this forum, and cant really surf pirate cause i keep getting it. is it something with my apartment complexes network and ISP? thanks for any help

wes

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
Do a Google search for Packeteer PacketShaper and see what it brings up. I didn't look into it very far but it appears to be a WAN/LAN bandwith optimizer. Basically what that says to me is they are watching where you go and can block any sites they think are using too much bandwidth.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have a packeteer running on my network here. It's seeing something someone has designated a threat. Usually worms or virus'. I can restict anything coming or going that I want with it. MP3s JPGs anything. Some one is sniffing your packetts to see what your doing.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive just about had it, i get the message ALL THE TIME now. gonna be going down to the office and bitching here pretty soon?

wes

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dsotmoon said:
is it part of your lease? if so they probably can do what they want
yes joe, it is, but when i cant use any programs that use the internet, including updating my virus programs, there is something wrong and somethings gotta change. they are gonna have a very mad resident here pretty soon. providing internet is one thing, providing WORKING internet connection is another and that is what needs to happen.......

im just pissed cause its gotten to the point that i cant even do school work in which i need the internet to do research etc.

wes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts