Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember how you have wiring issues, but no one makes a harness? You'll enjoy this:

Saab, in 85-~88 outsourced its wiring to Renault. I swear Renault decided to use ****ing play-doh for insulation on this stuff. So what does that mean? I get to rewire the whole thing, front to back! And better than that, NO one makes a harness for it! And better than *that*, I can't even reuse my connectors because they're such utter cheap crap! Now THAT's what I call a fun project :toothless

So yeah, by October or so I should be an expert at rewiring, want me to take care of your truck? :thumbup :toothless

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey I might need your expertise then... I was thinking of doing a rewiring set for the Bronco with a 460 swap... was really looking to go EFI for those extreme angles. Get tired of starving or drowning my carb

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
didn't see this post...

Taking the Bronco into the shop on Monday, it's gonna be in there a while...got lot of things to be worked on...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's all good. I've got a LOT of stuff to work on between now and August. Too much, perhaps. Going to cut it very very close anyway. But I'm going to order extra wire (hopefully) in various colors and gauges so it should be a matter of getting connectors and hooking everything up. At least that's the simple version. Though I did find out that someone DOES make a harness for it... $1046 for the engine harness, didn't ask about the main harness et al.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts