Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Hey guys

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  miesk5 
#1 ·
Howdy Howdy fellas. I have waited to do my introduction because my crap digital camera wasnt working. But I got it to work and took some shots of the truck and uploaded them to Superford.org but my vehicle page for public view isnt up yet. But the pics are there...

Here she is...

Back view

the K&N...as you can see, I need to clean that thing this weekend :(

hopefully my superford page will be up so the other pics I took can be seen.

Ok...a run down of what the truck is and what I have done to it:

Its 96 351 with almost 197,000 miles on it(used to be a company truck for a construction company)
Has a rebuilt tranny as of last year.
31" all terrain tires
I put on 6 Rancho shocks to replace the stock ones that were wasted(no lift yet)
Has the super mega K&N filter
Sony MP3 deck, Boston Rally door speakers, Pioneer 5-way 6x9s, 12" sony 1200 watt sub, with 1400 watts to power the 6x9s and the sub
The fuel pump took a crap this summer, so I replaced that and the rear fuel lines.(what a pain in the arse...I had nearly a full tank of gas in it)
I have a Flowmaster(i don't remember what series)
Bad Ass desert camo tire cover left over from the war
Last thing i did was change out my sparkplugs and the cables...those things were ancient...I noticed a big performance gain :toothless

Ok now here is a list of things I am planning on doing in the next month or 2:

1. After reading about my auto hubs here, and how everyone hates them, I want to put on the manual locking hubs.
2. I need to get new rotors for the front. I will ask you guys about those soon
3. Looking to get a 6" Cepk with some bigger tires
4. My buddies are trying to talk me into putting on new headers like they have...they also mentioned getting a new cat and piping.
5. For next summer, I have been thinking about getting a center consol that I can put my stereo deck in and lock it up so that I can take the top off of the bronc and cruz to the beach without worrying about getting my stuff ripped off.
6. One of my friends broke the armrest on the passanger side seat...need to fix that if not get new seats that are more comfortable.

Thats all that I can think of for now. So, Howdy! :cool:

See less See more
#5 ·
nice rig man! go out and get that thing covered in mud and come back and post more pics! all the lift info you could probably ever need is in the 80-96 forum, and i believe there are some install pics in the tech write ups forum. for a center console there is another thread in the 80-96 forum where a member has his design and finished product, it looks really nice. you should have plenty of power left in the 351, do the other stuff such as lift, regearing, and bigger tires first. go to a junkyard with late model vehicles and look for possibly an expedition or f-150 seats from the past few years, they are pretty comfortable IMO. nice to see ya here, and enjoy the stay at your new second home FSB

wes

#7 ·
Thanks for the greets guys.

Damager, I had already PMed Blue about the lift :cool: We are talking about it now.

gobucs1, why would you want the autos? From what I have read, everyone says that they will crap out and strand the truck in the middle of nowhere. If I do swap them out, I will keep your offer in mind. =)

wes, Theres no mud where I live this time of year =) thanks for the info on the center consol; I will look into that for sure.

When I start doing all this stuff you guys are gonna help me out when I have wuestions, ya? :cool: :cool:

#14 ·
Hey, welcome to the site. Nice rig. At least you HAVE a digital camera. There are so many things I wanna do to mine ($$$), I jus keep puttin that camera thing off. Somebody's gotta have one I can borrow, jus havint found them yet.

Good choice on doing the hubs, jus did mine and can't wait for winter.

Enjoy the site, I know I have.:drinkbud

#17 ·
yo Dom!
Welcome!
Look in my web site for the Front Bearing Locknut Socket (# OTC-6795) for 95-96 ONLY; plus auto hub swap tech articles by Jer, etc.

As for the console; I have a Tuffy security console. But you can build your own w/help of a local welder or fabricator (cut + bend metal and bolt together rather than weld seams) for much less $..can send some dimensions to you if you want..pm me when you're ready if you go that route.

Good luck and nice pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.