Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across this site with some recording of songs after being put some sort of processor. It really is an interesting effect; I've liked the few I've listened to so far! :thumbup
http://musicmachinery.com/2010/05/21/the-swinger/

Here's the write-up...

The Swinger
One of my favorite hacks at last weekend’s Music Hack Day is Tristan’s Swinger. The Swinger is a bit of python code that takes any song and makes it swing. It does this be taking each beat and time-stretching the first half of each beat while time-shrinking the second half. It has quite a magical effect. Some examples:

Every Breath You Take
Money for Nothing
Cream
I Will
Enter Sandman
Daft Punk’s Around the world
Sweet Child O’ Mine
Don’t Stop Believin’
White Rabbit

Swinger uses the new Dirac time-stretching capabilities of Echo Nest remix. Source code is available in the samples directory of remix.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats pretty cool. i actually liked enter sandman
That's the one I just started right now.

*EDIT* Yeah, I like it too.

*EDIT 2* Interesting effect after the 4 minute mark. It sounds like the swing beat got inverted.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope he releases his program to do it so I can see what other shit sounds like.
He says something down at the bottom about the source code being available. I just took a look at it... I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it anyway. :shrug Guess I'm not geeky enough.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I'd bump this for the people that only look at the first couple of pages of new posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts