Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! my name is heather and i just became the owner of a 1986 full size bronco. my husband in currently in Iraq and i am trying to fix her up. first this first i dont know anything about broncos or cars in general so im kinda shooting in the dark. right now she is getting a suspension and body lift for a grand total of 6 inches. next is finding tires and stuff along those lines. im looking for a bit of guidance and help with this project if anyoe is interested! thanks for your time

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
what all are you thinking about doing? Is this truck going to be driven daily or a dedicated trail rig(help decide on tires)? What is your budget to spend? How is the engine running?

·
Registered
136 Posts
:clap Welcome aboard. You came to the right place plenty of information that you will be helped with. check out the tech. threads:thumbup

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the engine is in really good shape (according to the mechanic i had look at her). this will def. be a beat up truck....but also his daily driver. the only thing i have had to replace *so far* is the fuel pump and the ground to fuel relays. i have not givin much thought yet to a budget. i know bad me! she of course has a small V8. im told to find out what axle and gears she has but i dont know anything about those :) *sigh* i took on a big project and i have alot to measure up to...i married a mechanic and im the one doing this. and pretty much all by myself. i would rather put the money into getting the parts to make her good then paying someone and getting screwed witht he parts.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
im not positive when Ford swapped to the 8.8 for the rear but it is either an 8.8 or 9" rear. the front is a Dana 44TTB. Should have stock gearing which is 3.55.

Good that the engine is running good. A few mild performance mods can be considered. (all relatively cheap) MSD ignition stuff. MSD Coil, I run the MSD TFI Blaster in my 88. Also I run Ford Racing 9mm wires with Ford Racing Cap and rotor with plugs gapped to .50. Also a ghetto fabbed K&N FIPK. (use search function and you will find plenty of pics) I am not sure on your experience with tools or any help that you can get for doing some of the stuff. But that is cheap and easy.

Tires I would personally look at the BFGoodrich Mud Terrains. When my truck was a daily driver that is what I ran. Just as good wear and rid as a BFG A/T but could do excellent work on the trail. Also not the most expensive tire out there. 35x12.5x15 is a good size to get. you can get some black rock crawler wheels for 50 bucks a pop in size 15x10. But upping the tires you want to get gears (this can be expensive) 4.56 is a great match for this size. Remember the front is Reverse cut though.

Bumpers are always nice, preferably with a winch.

check out www.4wheelcustoms.com Chris is a vendor on FSB also, so check the vendor forum section. You can PM 4wheelcustoms with what you want and he will give you a price quote. Chris is a stand up guy who I try to do all my business with.

Any other questions feel free to PM me, or if you have AIM, if im logged on my SN is A1CTEX16 and yahoo is Tex_Bko

·
Registered
245 Posts
welcome aboard

·
College User
2,015 Posts
Welcome to the site glad to have another Florida member...

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
A woman who gets her man a Bronco is AOK in my book!!! :rockon
Welcome aboard...there's tons of info here, just search for it...also, there are quite a few folks in your area they may be able to help...check out the "Dixie Chapter" section...:beer

P.S. Tell your ole man thanks for his service from the folks at FSB! :usa

·
Registered
75 Posts
well i have a 94 fsb with a 4" lift and i got 35x13.50x15 toyo mud terrain tires and i love them on and off the road

1 - 14 of 14 Posts