Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you know my truck came out of MT. someone may have recognized it.

anyway this calander was magnatized to the side of the truck. Thought it was interesting, can anyone tell me about the area.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Haven't been to Kalispell, but it's about 2 1/2 -3 hours away from me, nestled in a valley in the Rockies. The good news is Montana doesn't use salt on the roads, so not much to worry about in the way of the uderside being rusted out. If it actually came from that town or at least that area, it'd be safe to assume it wasn't driven in the winter much, and was probably mostly used around town, maybe an occassional trip in the summer.

I probably have seen it around Great Falls. You don't see those things out in the winter at all. Can't say I blame anyone... they're slippery as shit... even after the ice has melted when the roads still have that light covering of sand on them.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, its definatly ass light, and dirt on the roads dont help (but they sure are fun). Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
313 Posts
They're tough little bastards too. A buddy had one for a bit. He'd take it off in a field and beat the hell out of it. Watched him hit a dirt mound that bikes and quads usually jump... aired it out about 4 or 5 feet, and came down a bit heavy on the front end. Continued to drive until he sold it to somebody else and they run it off an icy road into a tree. They're tough, but trees are tougher.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trees are pretty damn tough, good news to hear, I think the little things gonna be a good fit for me, not literally cause of my height, but you know.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Note taken. I would love to head out to montana sometime. My GF was there last summer for 4th of july, said she could get all the good fireworks.

someday ill take a road trip with her out here, she says she cant wait to go back.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
LOTS of movie stars up there. I have heard that the billionaires are now pushing out the millionaires. It has got to the point where the average Joe can't live up there anymore.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,821 Posts
That blows... I've been looking at the area recently for O&P Tech opportunities as that's about as far as I'm willing to wander from my home.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Who knows... maybe you'll see Letterman on your trip. He's got a vacation place around here somewhere. I forget exactly where though.

By the way... I saw the truck I was thinking of. Weather was real nice last week, and I happened to catch a glimpse of it on the way to Sears. Shame it's not the same one I've seen.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dang, thats funny though, it was pretty funny to hear that someone may have known its former life.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts