Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been getting a lot of request for these so while I was waiting for some metal to show up at the shop I started a new project. These will be available very soon but tell me what you think so far.

They use the stock hinges and only require one small hole to be drilled for the latch. I'm also going to be putting something like expanded metal in the lower section to keep stuff from falling out while driving. It'll have a little more class than the expanded metal though and the HF logo will be in it somewhere. It doesn't rattle at all!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I like it too. Nice and clean. Just put a piece of sheet across the bottom with a couple of beads rolled in it and your logo cut out. Simple and strong.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it too. Nice and clean. Just put a piece of sheet across the bottom with a couple of beads rolled in it and your logo cut out. Simple and strong.
Thats kinda what I was thinking.....I'm trying to figure out cool new things to use the cnc plasma table I'm picking up this weekend on:thumbup

·
OMG its almost a
1,367 Posts
Those are awesome! I'm diggin the metal work to match the body line and original door on the front. The latches......ehh I could take em or leave em, being in the desert everything gets freakin sand in it and my dad has that style latch on his jeep soft doors. They stopped working after a year from all the sand/dust.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,170 Posts
78/79 ones would be sweet if these do well for you.

Those look great

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
doors look great. estimated price yet?
under $500 plus options

Those are awesome! I'm diggin the metal work to match the body line and original door on the front. The latches......ehh I could take em or leave em, being in the desert everything gets freakin sand in it and my dad has that style latch on his jeep soft doors. They stopped working after a year from all the sand/dust.
Its a simple spring loaded latch. What can break? We will be building the production version with bolt on latches so they can be replaced if needed.

78/79 ones would be sweet if these do well for you.

Those look great
They will be available too. Just have to pull the doors of of my 78 but I bet the wiring is easier to get disconnected on the 78:doh0715:

·
User that is Registered
995 Posts
I like the door design and the door handles, but IDK if eliminating the double latching lock mechanism is a good idea or legal :scratchhe

·
JEEP CREEP
2,503 Posts
I dig em. they are very clean. nice work man. if i wasnt working on half doors id buy a set but im sure plenty of people here will want em.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts