Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddys dad is a super smart mechanic/pilot ect... bottom line, he seems to know what he's talking about.

he has come up with plans to make an HHO generator for their 88' Ford motor home with a V10 in it. Basically he explained how it works to me, and i guess it made sense... and he is willing to build one for my bronco. he says with it they get more power and better millage... but you have to fool the O2 sensor... but thats about all the mods you have to make to the engine.

anybody have any experience with this? any thoughts?

im not about to let him fool with my truck until i hear some positive feedback and watch his motor home not blow to pieces.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
www.waterforgas.com I haven't tried it yet, but might someday. My question is how do you regulate it?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
about the link too.... that seems super sketchy, especially with the jam-jar-generator. he wants to make his out of titanium or something with a capacity of 2L+

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I got to see the mason jar HHO set up(2 jars) in person on a 79 f150 with a 460. I spoke with the guy and he said he went from 10 mpg to 12 mpg as soon as he hooked it up. He also stated that the motor runs better with it and idels alot smother. He said he had been running it for about 6 months and used distiled water and baking soda in the jars and changed it out about once a month. i wished I had gotten the guys number. I have been thinking about buying the plans(50 buxs online) and doing this myself.

I have done alot of resaerch on this set up. To use it on a FI motor you do have to fool the O2 sensor because it will have a lean reading.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got to see the mason jar HHO set up(2 jars) in person on a 79 f150 with a 460. I spoke with the guy and he said he went from 10 mpg to 12 mpg as soon as he hooked it up. He also stated that the motor runs better with it and idels alot smother. He said he had been running it for about 6 months and used distiled water and baking soda in the jars and changed it out about once a month. i wished I had gotten the guys number. I have been thinking about buying the plans(50 buxs online) and doing this myself.

I have done alot of resaerch on this set up. To use it on a FI motor you do have to fool the O2 sensor because it will have a lean reading.
ya thats exactly what the guys dad said. he has a friend who is working on a new sensor that would be able to read the new air mixture and adjust accordingly

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
my question is on the O2 sensor it only senses the oxygen in the burnt exhaust to much oxygen is to lean mixture not enough is to rich you could have raw gas pour down the pipe and it would not care as long as the right amount of oxygen is coming down the pipe why would it care if HHO is present if it show a little less oxygen that is displaced from the HHO it will tell the computer to lessen the hang time on the injectors thus less gas burnt

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my question is on the O2 sensor it only senses the oxygen in the burnt exhaust to much oxygen is to lean mixture not enough is to rich you could have raw gas pour down the pipe and it would not care as long as the right amount of oxygen is coming down the pipe why would it care if HHO is present if it show a little less oxygen that is displaced from the HHO it will tell the computer to lessen the hang time on the injectors thus less gas burnt

no offense, but these (.) little beauties are very helpful when trying to make sense of a jumbled post.

anyways.... yes, the HHO will screw with the 02 sensor, which is addressed in the post above by making a new sensor.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
I got to see the mason jar HHO set up(2 jars) in person on a 79 f150 with a 460.

Hmm, My uncle has doen one for his 96 f-150 with 4.6, used the mason jar and pciked up around 2mpg as well. He didn't do anything else though. He was talking about getting an adjustable MAP sensor though.

My dad has two of the mason jars currently built and getting ready to put them on his Tahoes. I'll have to see how that works for him.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
For anyone that actually believes this, I've got some fuel line magnets and intake turbulators I'd love to sell you...

Supposedly the E3 plugs suck as well, but I have seen two dynos now show that the plugs have increaded HP by a few.

I haven't seen any testing and facts on the HHO stuff where every thing was in a controlled enviro to disbeleive it.

Not to mention the first link you posted just says that a 40% improvement isn't possible but nayhting under 25 is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:doh0715:

"There is a sucker born every minute" - PT Barnum

For anyone that actually believes this, I've got some fuel line magnets and intake turbulators I'd love to sell you...

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/autos/aut10.shtm
I hate to break it to you but I know 3 people who are running these in their vehicles and we still can not believe the increase in mileage they are getting.

Running automobiles on hho is nothing new and not a scam by any means.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's always seemed like really bad chemistry to me. I mean the fact that water (H2O) is two hydrogens and an oxygen, and HHO is... two hydrogens and an oxygen. :scratchhe Don't really understand it, but I know a couple older guys who swear it works, never seen it though, but I'd like too. And yeah it's nothing new, one of them swears it works because his dad did it when he was a kid on their old ford pickup.

·
That SmackMyB$tchUp Guy
1,011 Posts
A guy at work is running HHO on his BKO...he told me he's getting 5-8mpg increase.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
it is a scam
yes it is.
the increases are due to the careful driving trying to see increases, and well trying not break the glass mason jar.
also on EFI engines when you "fool" the o2 sensor you can be telling the PCM to run lean, (better mpg) not good for engine.
Dont you know if it worked so easy and so well there would 200 companies marketing it by now? Also it has been proven over and over again you can not make enough HHo with 12volts to amount to anything helpful. but hey if you want to ride around with a sicence fair project under your hood, go ahead its a free country

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
:stupid

People will believe anything they want to, just as long as it makes them feel like less of an idiot for wasting their time on something that someone else claims works.

·
is hazardous to others
1,656 Posts
i also think it would not work.. i see a "fuel saver" on TV that a local guy puts on. they say "it uses platinum to save gas." all it looks like to me is a plastic jug with some dirty water in it and a vac. hose commin off it.. waist of time and $ is what i think.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts