Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found me a Bronco. Lucked up and found a 1994 XLT local 2 owner, one family Bronco. A friend told me about it and said he thought they might sell it. When we got there it was sitting getting covered in leaves and mold. Was told it wouldn't start and they thought the steering column/ ignition was the issue. So I looked it over, zero rust, cloth seats in great condition, body and top in great condition, was told it had a repaint in black [originally black]. Paint was flat black covered in mold. Lots more to the story just don't want to bore everyone on my first post.
Just excited to be a part of this group.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,871 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!! Post up some pics!

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,871 Posts
Nice, looks pretty solid, gets some pics up when you get her all cleaned up.
Lots of knowledge here to get you through any issues you may have with your project.

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,871 Posts
Outstanding!

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, looks pretty solid, gets some pics up when you get her all cleaned up.
Lots of knowledge here to get you through any issues you may have with your project.
Thanks and those are some incredible rigs you have. Glad to be a part of this group.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L
15 Posts
Welcome to FSB! As a fairly new bronco owner, and new member of this site, I have found this site to be INVALUABLE and FULL of knowledge and people willing to lend a hand or point you in the right direction. That picture was night and day after you cleaned it up! Looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts
Welcome to FSB and congrats on the 94! She shined up fine!

·
Super Moderator
24,685 Posts
Yo Hitmn4hire72,
Welcome! RUST FREE⚠🎈🎈🎈 Great!

ASAP, find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ https://owner.ford.com; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search & more tips!

See BabaLooey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting.

1994 Bronco Brochure, Partial; Cover & Page 3; plus pics of EDDIE BAUER model accessories.
by BigRob at 1994 Ford Bronco Bronco Accessories pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

See our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
305 Posts
Welcome. I’m fairly new as well and man I have saved a lot of time and money by asking questions, even if I thought they were dumb, and going with answers. Congrats on the find!!

I have had great success with meguiars show car glaze for older faded paint restoration. I always recommend it do that situation just FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yo Hitmn4hire72,
Welcome! RUST FREE⚠🎈🎈🎈 Great!

ASAP, find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ https://owner.ford.com; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search & more tips!

See BabaLooey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting.

1994 Bronco Brochure, Partial; Cover & Page 3; plus pics of EDDIE BAUER model accessories.
by BigRob at 1994 Ford Bronco Bronco Accessories pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

See our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al
Vin says it hasn't been done. If the steering column has been altered [previous owner couldn't fix the ignition so they pulled out the push button, column still intact." Will the dealership still change the part? Thanks for all the info. You guys and ladies are great.

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vin says it hasn't been done. If the steering column has been altered [previous owner couldn't fix the ignition so they pulled out the push button, column still intact." Will the dealership still change the part? Thanks for all the info. You guys and ladies are great.

·
Super Moderator
24,685 Posts
Yo,
Stop at local dealership and see how it goes. The recall has nothing to do with the column.
However, they may claim safety issues due to thr modification(s).
If they won't honor the recall, the parts are cheap enough to replace on your dime or have a shop do it following info provided by Ford and in jowens1126 Link.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
Welcome. I’m fairly new as well and man I have saved a lot of time and money by asking questions, even if I thought they were dumb, and going with answers. Congrats on the find!!

I have had great success with meguiars show car glaze for older faded paint restoration. I always recommend it do that situation just FYI.

Well since I owned my own mobile detail service back in my packing trash days (DAMN LONG DAYS) I’ll pitch what I used. It’s a product called Race Glaze. No affiliation what so ever, still use it personally. There fast action compound cuts good followed by there leveling compound, on new paint. For just polishing fade hit it with leveling compound and a foam buffing pad...... Here’s the best part..... it’s water soluble so washes out of all the nooks and crannies! There leather and trim cleaner works great and has a pleasant smell not overwhelming.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
This was after a quick buff. I was blown away.
View attachment 157701
Did you buff it or have it done? What product? Foam or wool pad? Buffer type, small home job or large angle professional buffer. Detailing minds like to know! ;) Beautiful truck btw!

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
305 Posts
Well since I owned my own mobile detail service back in my packing trash days (DAMN LONG DAYS) I’ll pitch what I used. It’s a product called Race Glaze. No affiliation what so ever, still use it personally. There fast action compound cuts good followed by there leveling compound, on new paint. For just polishing fade hit it with leveling compound and a foam buffing pad...... Here’s the best part..... it’s water soluble so washes out of all the nooks and crannies! There leather and trim cleaner works great and has a pleasant smell not overwhelming.
That’s awesome man. I use a guy local to me most of the time for products. It’s a company called shine supply. His “burn out” formula is awesome for a one step on a orange foam pad. Looks good man. Can’t wait to see the interior!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts