Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a read a lot on the forum and used many of the technical posts in my short couple of weeks as a Bronco owner.

I just sold a 2013 Chevy, I like owning things other people don't have and when I purchased the chevy it was awesome as a chevy could be. Then in a month, 12 other people had one just like it.

So I have always wanted a Bronco and no one I know drives one. So I sold the Chevy and set out looking for a Bronco, that is where the fun began.

The biggest problem I have is I absolutely have no patience at all, and my chevy sold before I found the Bronco I wanted and that made me even more ready to get another ride. I searched up and down on craiglist from coast to coast. Then on to ebay, which I found out is the biggest PITA in the world as soon as you think you won the bronco you wanted the DA that posted it for sale ends the auction early.

So I bought this rust free 1979 Bronco from a dealer in NC. Probably over paid by a couple grand, but the ad and pictures said rust free which is what I really cared about.

Well rust free might have been well a little fabricated, but I guess that depends on your definition of rust free. (my painter said if it wasn't rust all the way through you might consider it rust free...hmmm) I don't agree with that but I now know that I am glad to be married cause buying a car on the internet is a lot like I would suspect internet dating to be.

You know she said she was young, skinny and sexy. She had the pictures to back it up...when you show up to meet her she is old fat and bald....

Yep she is getting naked on the inside and ready for fresh paint and new interior.

Seats are getting a custom job in Indigo blue with snow white perforated leather like inserts and white piping, and some custom embroidery is being added by my very sweet wife.

Even though I might have over paid and Shipping turned into a nightmare to the point I ended up flying to NC and driving it back to Florida, I was 100% surprised it made the trip. No mechanical issues and ran like a champ at 70mph on the interstate for about 700 miles in two days.

Now if I can just quit ordering parts the wife would be real happy!

Thanks for reading my long ass post!

Go Noles! (in my carolina blue bronco)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So apparently what I thought I bought was a 1979 Bronco with the factory 351m. What I ended up with was a 1979 Bronco with a 1970 Lincoln 460. Surprise Surprise!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,205 Posts
nice looking Bronco..welcome to the site..:beer:beer

I'd say a 460 is a really nice surprise..

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,715 Posts
Nice Bronco and Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

You can click on "Vote for TOP 4X4 SITE" On the bottom of my signature or go to "Other Forums".

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice one for sure. these were usually rust buckets after 10 years of hard use. Looks like a little old lady drove this one. Welcome aboard.
I see lots of Florida peeps here!

I was thinking the same thing about the little old lady till I found the Antioch Speedway Stock Car Races Voucher under the dash when I removed it yesterday and the 460 under the hood. Almost certain it has been rebuilt, it would be nice to know how much it was built.

Taking lots of Photos, when I get enough posts I will post up a build thread.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's one of the better looking bronco's i've seen on this site, especially for a 78-9. I think those models are the best looking broncos (don't tell my 85). Maybe one day I'll pop the hood and a surprise 460 will be under there... great find!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's one of the better looking bronco's i've seen on this site, especially for a 78-9. I think those models are the best looking broncos (don't tell my 85). Maybe one day I'll pop the hood and a surprise 460 will be under there... great find!
Ha thanks.. I am not saying I am anal or anything. But this is going to be my daily driver. I enjoy nice looking things.

The painter put me off till Wednesday so... I got free time to do more cleaning up before he gets it.

Since the dash is out of the way might as well get rid of all the surface rust. Today was the wiper motor and mount assembly restoration day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts