Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am completely new to this forum and new to fords also this is my very first 4x4 I have ever owned. I own a 81 Full size bronco, 4 speed slant 6, has 93k original miles and I have a interesting story of how I got it.

Long story short, I bought this 79 toyota last tuesday, I test drove it but only in a parking lot was the worst buy I ever made. The truck was a straight up wheeler but I thought with a little bit of money I could manage it and daily it. Well I bought it drove it 5 miles down the road got pulled over and got a 220 dollar ticket for expired tags and no front license plate and a warning for tires sticking out the front fenders. After that quickly seen how sh*tty it was. No ignition no keys basically worst buy ever. SO i went home put it on craigslist right away. Not long I had a guy wanting to trade for a 83 toyota, I drove all the way down salem to meet up with the guy. He basically dicked me around and we both agreed it wasnt worth the trade for his toyota. THEN he said ... well i got this bronco ill trade. I decided to go look at it, figured I really didnt want the toyota at all and I needed out of the truck. So I go look at it and man it was clean, and it runs great. Made the trade, best trade / deal and vehicle ive owned.

anyways here it is a 81 Bronco 4x4 slant 6, 4 speed, was a farm truck is on 33x9.5 like all terrain tires.

DSCN2077 by idriftmy89s13, on Flickr

This and a few other spots are the only damage on the truck, I was told the farmer was towing something was trying to get the trailor off the hitch and it popped up and nailed the back of the truck.

011112095644 by idriftmy89s13, on Flickr

Next to my cousins F250 460 big block, dont mind the flat tire.

011112095731 by idriftmy89s13, on Flickr

testing the flexability of the truck a little im pretty pleased.

011212153851 by idriftmy89s13, on Flickr

011212153953 by idriftmy89s13, on Flickr

And here the toyota I originally got in case you wanted to see how crappy it was. ( it was a fairly well built wheeler just not the best and not really daily driveable )

DSCN2074 by idriftmy89s13, on Flickr

It had alot done and if I wasnt in school and living with my aunt and uncle i would of kept it.

DSCN2072 by idriftmy89s13, on Flickr

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,444 Posts
Welcome to FSB!

I'd say you made out like a bandit!

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
welcome to FSB, glad you found us. i love yotas too but that one looks beat. you will be much happier with the bronco. the 300/6 is a great motor. remember to build it your way.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Hi Thomas, Thanks for sharing. looks like a nice truck. keep in mind its a in-line six, not a slant, but its still a great motor. had one in a old 73 mustang, blew the head gasket and the thing still got me home (about 15 miles) got it started and brought it down to me old granpap's garage, than back to my house. it would start and run, but sure didn't like it. pulled the head and couldn't find any head gasket at all (wierd). good luck with the rig and welcome to the herd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys and my bad on the slant 6 idk why I keep saying that. yeah I dont know what all i want to do with the truck just yet. I do know I love to hunt, and i love to wheel and one thing i wanna do is be able to go wheeling and ... maybe not wheel like i could with the yota but do some trails. Like browns camp, id love to go there and do some trails and maybe goat. I do however would like a little more power it has alot of torque but not like free way power.

also what do you mean build it your way? or something like that? Any tips bout these broncos that may give me a little more flex or capability off road?

does anyone know if they make a roof rack that I can put 4 lights on and put my spare tire on btw?

thanks everyone your very nice I appreciate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh i know I got the better deal so did the guy, but he needed to make rent and wanted the truck. I need a vehicle i can drive everday and have fun too so we made it happen. def glad I did and I used to really dislike fords but I really really like mine.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.