Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe i have abused mine in the 3 or 4 times i have used it as a "winch" but it is now not working under a load. I have determined the problem to be at the handle where it mounts to the climbing gear, there is a Pin but one side is rounded down and when you push the handle down it just goes over this and then doesn't push the climbing gear or whatever it is called upwards.

Maybe i can get a shot of it later to specify exactly but i don't see anything in the Hi- lift acc page for it. So if i can't buy it, doesn't it matter what type of pin i use, Ie is this one a shear pin or specifically rated?

http://www.hi-lift.com/products/parts_services.htm

well upon reexamination it almost looks like 8 or 7....

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,920 Posts
you should be able to go to any good off road shop and they will have a rebuild kit for the hi lift. the auto parts store here that carries them the kit runs around 20 bucks

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only thing i found in the repair kit is this stuff,

he Fix-It-Kit has the principle parts for servicing all Hi-Lift Jack lifting units Kit Includes: 2 Climbing Pins, 2 Climbing Pin Springs, 2 Cross Pins, 1 Shear Bolt & Nut, and 1 tube of jack lubricant.

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
85f150 said:
maybe i have abused mine in the 3 or 4 times i have used it as a "winch" but it is now not working under a load. I have determined the problem to be at the handle where it mounts to the climbing gear, there is a Pin but one side is rounded down and when you push the handle down it just goes over this and then doesn't push the climbing gear or whatever it is called upwards.

Maybe i can get a shot of it later to specify exactly but i don't see anything in the Hi- lift acc page for it. So if i can't buy it, doesn't it matter what type of pin i use, Ie is this one a shear pin or specifically rated?

http://www.hi-lift.com/products/parts_services.htm

well upon reexamination it almost looks like 8 or 7....
There's a phone number on that page for you to order parts, ya know?

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the fubared pin

it goes in the top hole of the jack handle..I think it is #7 -Pitman Pin ---that parts blowup sucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts