Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new.
I am the proud owner of a 1986 Bronco.
I have had my Bronco since 1993, when it was my 16 Birthday present.
It curantly has 480,000 miles on it
since ive owned it i have replaced the following.

Enigine - we are curantly on engine #4b (dont ask about the original #4, it doesent count)

Transmission - we are curantly on AOD #3

axle housing - we are curantly on 8.8 #2

Ring & Pinion - we are curantly on rear r&p #3

Fuil injection system - we are curantly on EFI #2, aka Ford Racing Sequintal port Fuel Injection Harness and System

and a whole lot of little stuff

Now lets see if I did everything in my siniture right.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Welcome to your second home. Blaze should be around with the official greeting!

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BroncoBabe said:
Oooh, a Georgia boy. Check out the Dixie Chapter, we're having a meet and greet tomorrow in Marietta, on Delk Rd. You should come hang out. :thumbup
I work in Merietta, on Powers Ferry Road, near the intersection of Delk and Powers Ferry.
I would love to come to the meet and greet, unfourtunatly I will be leaving to go to North Carolina tonight.:shrug

Is there a Dixie chapter membership that I should sighn up for. Or am I already a member simply by being in the south.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,645 Posts
welcome!
That is a lot of engines and trannys!
Did you get the replacements from a local yard? I am interested in prices on the engine(s) so i can compare them to local yards here which charge to much imo; i.e. $550.00 for a 91 van door in less than good condition (dents, rust); a new 2.0 Ford engine goes for $750. here (~60k miles).

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Welcome and that is a huge parts list. If you did not say how many miles I would be thinking you tear up parts faster than most.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
miesk5 said:

Did you get the replacements from a local yard? I am interested in prices on the engine(s) so i can compare them to local yards here which charge to much imo; i.e. $550.00 for a 91 van door in less than good condition (dents, rust); a new 2.0 Ford engine goes for $750. here (~60k miles).

#2 and #3 where rebuilds.
#3 I boke the crank so it was not rebuildable.
#4 was built by a local machine shop (long story what happened to this one, lets just say water frezez better than antifreze)
It cost right at a grand but had mild cam and some head porting.
#4b cost $500.00 dolors from Advance auto parts. At the time I was an employee and got a one time only 40% discount.

BroncoBabe said:
So uuuh, you single? ;)
Nope, just got maried in May. To the most wonderfull girl in the world.:D

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Welcome to our board and to the Dixie Chapter! :rebelflag
We try to stay real active in the Dixie Chapter so check that forum often. Now for the official greeting as Smooth calls it....

A few things to know:
1. Make sure to vote for FOTM each month by going to the FOTM thread and picking your fav. nominee! (10 new nominees each month, and someday it could be you!)
2. Be sure to vote for this site at TOP4x4 by clicking the link at the top of the page. (It brings us in alot of new traffic!)
3. Post up some pics of your rig! (click here-->click me, click me!! to find out how!)
4. Add your rig's specs (or a pic) to your sig line. (It comes in handy when asking questions for people to know what kinda rig thier helping you with!)
5. Before asking a handfull of questions please try the search button at the top right hand corner of the page.
It looks like this:
This site has been around long enough that ALOT of topics have already been discussed and now all you gotta do is read.

Welcome aboard, make your self at home!!!:thumbup

K

·
0 Posts
welcome aboard man :beer

and another :beer

another... :beer

one more :beer

oooook - :beer

:beer :beer :beer

welhbllcoome :thumbup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts