Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm in the middle of an SAS and I just want to double check on something. I need to relocate a fuel reservoir housing on an 89 Bronc. This plastic housing is located before the frame mounted fuel pump and my Haynes manual says that this "single fuel reservoir" supplies the fuel pump and has the fuel return line going to it. My question is this: Are the fuel lines going to this housing are all low pressure fuel lines??? I need to move this housing further aft from its original location.Thanks all!

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Both the return and the main line run through it. It keeps a reservoir of gas in case the pick up catches air when the tank is low. The main line will only have the pressure the low pressure pump can create. I do not know if the return pressure is low or high. I would think it is low as it is only the excess gas not being used by the injectors.

Why do you have to relocate it for the SAS?

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crossmember...So there's a low and hi pressure pump? If there's a low press. in-tank pump, does anyone know how much psi that low pump puts out? I dont want to have custom lines made, I'd rather just use some regular 5/16" or 3/8" fuel line...

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Yeah I believe the 89 still used a low in tank (less than 10psi I think) and a high on the driver side rail between that reservior and the filter. Look up an 89 on Advance's site and see if they list a high and low pump for it. Your Chiltons and Haynes will say also.

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm going to use the 5/16-3/8" rubber fuel lines to replace 2 lines: 1 line coming from the reservoir going to the hi-press. pump and 1 line coming from the engine going to back to the reservoir...Thanks for the quick help Aikidoka...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts