Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
or you could post a pic

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,402 Posts
Welcome. Let me just go to my library & pull out my copy of the January 1989 Four Wheeler...

Wait a minute...

I don't even have a library. :shrug

How 'bout adding some pics here instead? :toothless

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a must read free wheeling decal story

from 1976 to 1979 i worked for a company call meyercord and i made the free wheeling decals i was a silk screen press operator they were made on a very huge single sheet press there was a small slit cut into the sqweege and a pice of cardboard taped from the front to the back of the tray to keep the inks separated yellowIredIpurple but it was not taped in the middle of the screen so as to give the blend of colers also as my memory recals they were not printed on reflective tape but the cromatic/reflective elements were mixed in with the inks otherwise the inks would cover the reflectiveness the meyercod co had a contract with ford motor co and we made all the decals for ALL FORD PRODUCTS i realy enjoyed making their decals and i made the first batch of the faded ponies for the 79 pace cars too WE ALSO MADE AWSOME CROMATIC DECALS FOR THE 1980 BRONCO if anybody has picts of that besides me they should post them the meyercord co is supposedly still in busness 475 village dr carol steam il wether or not they might be able to still make more decals like these anymore is anybodys guess if u read this pas it on and yes i have one see jan/89 four wheeler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
am still expermenting with posting pictures/new to this but check out a must read free wheeling decal story somewhere in one of these forums thanx

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
am still expermenting with posting pictures/new to this but check out a must read free wheeling decal story somewhere in one of these forums thanx
yo, to post pics get a photobucket account, upload your pics from your computer to it, then copy/paste the IMG code into your posts :popc1:

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
mydecal

If you have info on your rig and you want to share post it up. If you came here hoping we all have a 21 yr old mag laying around.... I dont think so bud.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
I just moved one of your other post into this thread for you:thumbup

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
from 1976 to 1979 i worked for a company call meyercord and i made the free wheeling decals i was a silk screen press operator they were made on a very huge single sheet press there was a small slit cut into the sqweege and a pice of cardboard taped from the front to the back of the tray to keep the inks separated yellowIredIpurple but it was not taped in the middle of the screen so as to give the blend of colers also as my memory recals they were not printed on reflective tape but the cromatic/reflective elements were mixed in with the inks otherwise the inks would cover the reflectiveness the meyercod co had a contract with ford motor co and we made all the decals for ALL FORD PRODUCTS i realy enjoyed making their decals and i made the first batch of the faded ponies for the 79 pace cars too WE ALSO MADE AWSOME CROMATIC DECALS FOR THE 1980 BRONCO if anybody has picts of that besides me they should post them the meyercord co is supposedly still in busness 475 village dr carol steam il wether or not they might be able to still make more decals like these anymore is anybodys guess if u read this pas it on and yes i have one see jan/89 four wheeler
Very interesting. Please tell us more. A number of folks on here are looking for where to buy Free Wheelin' decals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanx larry p did u read? not doing wel navigating this site am trying to get my story out to other free wheeling enthusiest im a car nut NOT a computor geek thanx again larry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TO ALL as soon as I figure out how to get my @#%&* pictures uploaded I will definetly post them including the ones of the four wheeler mag like I said I have a couple of picts of a 1980 probably many of you dont even knew existed I"ll keep trying but I think I"m gonna need help as far as buying new decals that is going to be difficult but I wanted to get my story out there MABE GET THE BALL ROLLING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes thats it originaly built by a guy named dave wasak from addison il but now has 44 gumbo mudders and a 460 I"ll never know why he would put a chevy L88 hood scoup on a ford and now the decals are pretty faded

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
It figures you would have that issue Scott:doh0715:
:histerica

yes thats it originaly built by a guy named dave wasak from addison il but now has 44 gumbo mudders and a 460 I"ll never know why he would put a chevy L88 hood scoup on a ford and now the decals are pretty faded
The L88 hood scoop was a pretty popular option to put on back in the early 80's. So you still have this? How long have you had it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the scoop or the truck? LOL yes its still on the truck barely/bondo ckackin up soon(i hope)will be doing a warm over on the body It has a few body issues including a rotten tailgate so I have to cut out the center and weld on the decal portion to my new one I bought it off ebay 2yrs ago for 2500

1 - 20 of 31 Posts