Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully in about two weeks I'll be mounting on the headlights and tail lights, as well as HIDs and ballasts, on my Bronco. I haven't spent a lot of time searching as I don't know the length of the cabling for the ballasts and whatnot, but does anyone have any suggestions for the best place to mount the ballasts? Zip ties or a double stick material?

·
Registered
40 Posts
All the images I've seen, and what I plan to do, is mounting them to the heavy plastic backing behind the center grill piece. Remove that and you have plenty of places to mount the ballasts, one on each side near its respective bulb. Drill some small hose and use screws or drill holes and mount with zip ties...IMHO I wouldn't use double sided anything for that mount. Do a search for HID on here and there are pics of what I'm talking about running around.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must be blind, I searched HID and looked at probably 15 threads, every page of them and haven't seen any with pictures, or descriptions I can understand. But I'll dig around in mind and see what I come up with

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've seen quite a few mounted to the inside of the passengers side front fender. Here's an install writeup for an 88, but it's got plenty of clear pictures of how the ballast was mounted. http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122018&highlight=HID+headlight+install

The kit came with a slip-in type mount for the ballast with two clips on either side, so depending on the kit you get your results may vary. It should come with more than enough cable to make the reach however.

Curious, where in MD are you?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh awesome, thank you for the link and information!

I'm in the Anne Arundel area, how about you?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Gotcha, I'm on the eastern shore. Good luck with the HID install!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Over the water and through the woods.. haha thanks, I'll hopefully be figuring it out this following weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts