Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the bronco running, but I cant seem to make it idle at a normal range.... she is staying at 3000-3200... I backed out the idle screw, and played with it but still stays that high. Carb was never adjusted for this truck, it came off I THINK a 351C. Anyway, tried the fuel, air, and idle screws. Does the choke need to be adjusted? Can it?

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
sounds like a vacuum leak

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Should be a diagram under your hood or on the core support.

It'll look like this

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be a diagram under your hood or on the core support.
core support? Thank you... How do you read this though? D:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found 2 hoses, broken off.... NO IDEA where they go through. I think im going to plug them and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Brother, use the FSB ~ "search" above OR www.broncolinks.com and track down and repair the problem so the vehicle will run and perform better, Mickey Mouse lives in Disneyland not in your BKO...:doh0715:....lol lol.......

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
:stupid

You should repair them and not just cap them off.. They do serve a purpose..

·
Registered
133 Posts
I found 2 hoses, broken off.... NO IDEA where they go through. I think im going to plug them and see what happens.
:doh0715: you wouldn't happen to be the guy i bought my bronco off would you? :doh0715:...folow diagram on your hood and connect were it belongs. your bronco will love you for it

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:doh0715: you wouldn't happen to be the guy i bought my bronco off would you? :doh0715:...folow diagram on your hood and connect were it belongs. your bronco will love you for it
I can't read the damned thing. I think I have been beat. I might ask a mechanic to do it.... D:

Which is sad, I have replaced a ton of stuff on my truck... :\

·
Registered
330 Posts
Don't sweat being beat. I ("super mechanic"...in my own mind!) have had to take a vehicle or two for a diagnostic, to pay a shop to find a problem. But...$$$$ No big deal. NBD.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have EFI but I also idled around that, I replaced the upper and lower intake gaskets and now it runs much better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have EFI but I also idled around that, I replaced the upper and lower intake gaskets and now it runs much better.
Did you do the spray thing to see if it is leaking? I am about to do that to hunt down where the tubes connect. But ill check the intake too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah, No luck though. I was also told to use propane. After checking vacuums I just decided to do the gaskets $18 for both and some time/effort. Not bad. Also found out I was missing a few bolts on my upper intake, valve covers, etc.

My trucks previous owner was an idiot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts