Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bronco has been having an issue with it's idle. When I cold start it, it goes up to 1100 rpms, no problem. But after it's warm, it stays at 1100. If I come to a stop light, I can blip the throttle and it will come back down to about 750 rpms where I want it. But every time I drive down the street and come to a stop again, the idle is back up to 1100 until I blip the gas. This is getting frustrating. What can I do? I know the EFI controls the idle for the most part.

One other weird thing is that if I warm start it, the idle will be low where I want it, that is until i drive it down the street. Then it will come back up to 1100 rpms.

Thoughts?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Throtle Cable
IAB
Throttle body

DO A SEARCH :goodfinge
10 people have asked this question in the last week.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
If it ain't the throttle cable(probably is) and if lubrication or replacement doesn't do it, look at removing the throttle body and spraying the passages with cleaner.

Also if your T-stat isn't heating the motor hot enough the computer will keep the idle high trying to get you to that temp.

Same vein, if the EVR isn't activating the EGR then high idle and p.poor mileage.

Sixlitre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts