Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the main causes of high oil pressure? my engine seems to run very well even with 160000 miles on it, the rear main seal is leaking as well as a trans leak. would any of these leaks cause the oil presure to be high if not what else could cause the oil pressure to be high?
thanks
jason

·
Registered
102 Posts
What makes you think the oil pressure is high? A rear main seal leak with that kind of mileage is common. Put a manual gauge on it to check the pressure if you think there might be a problem.:thumbup

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
unless you are getting like 90 psi at warm idle you dont have high oil pressure. i just installed a new engine and high volums pump and i am getting like 50 at warm idle and 80 at start. i think you should be happy you got oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't know what the actual psi is but the stock oil pressure guage is right at the H on the guage almost maxed out?

·
Registered
223 Posts
those electric guages arent worth crap they dont tell you much of anything you need a mechanical one

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
jeremiah2 said:
those electric gauges arent worth crap they dont tell you much of anything you need a mechanical one
jeremiah2 is exactly right.....If you want to accurately check your oil pressure, you will need to hook up a shop gauge, or buy yourself a set of aftermarket gauges. Thats what I did....you can click on the link in my sig

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gauge

Starting in the early 90's ford stated using a press gauge that would only read no press or in the middle the sending unit if it read 6-9psi would send the gauge to the middle. ground the gauge with the sending unit wire and the gauge will sweep then u know your gauge is ok then u know its the sending unit

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
Or go to walmart spend $7.00 plus tax and hook up a manual gauge directly to the port on the front cover and tell us what the real pressure is.

Everything stated in this thread thus far is %100 accurate, except definatly not your post, as you are going off the stock gauge.

·
Registered
1986 Bronco 302 and 1996 Bronco 351
30 Posts
Thanks for this information even though it is an older thread. But please I would love to see oil pressure gauge for seven dollars anywhere in the universe. If you have a link to such an oil pressure gauge, by all means post it for the public to see. Thank you kindly

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks for this information even though it is an older thread. But please I would love to see oil pressure gauge for seven dollars anywhere in the universe. If you have a link to such an oil pressure gauge, by all means post it for the public to see. Thank you kindly

·
Registered
851 Posts
A capillary tube and connectors are only going to set you back another couple of bucks. You said (and I quote), “But please I would love to see oil pressure gauge for seven dollars anywhere in the universe. If you have a link to such an oil pressure gauge, by all means post it for the public to see.” Which the did... the Walmart gauge being talked about at the beginning of the post was a diagnostic gauge without tubes or connectors as well.

·
Registered
1986 Bronco 302 and 1996 Bronco 351
30 Posts
LOL. Give me a break. The guy said that a oil pressure gauge to TEST (which means tube and connectors too, right? Cuz you can’t test with just the gauge, right?) could be had for $7. That is not true nor is your assertion that the tube and connector can be had for a “few more bucks.” Let’s see a gauge that someone can actually test with for $7. You can’t find one. I would be impressed if you found anything under $30 that was worth a crap. This is just another case of somebody giving out false information like when people say “just run to the junkyard and grab a new tailgate.” 🤣🤣🤣

1 - 13 of 13 Posts