Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike needs to know how to disconnect the high pressure fuel lines from the fuel rail. Requires a special tool doesn't it?

Thanks

Christy (Wife)

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Yes it does. You can get them real cheap at your local auto parts store. I prefer the cheap plastic ones over the metal (scissor like) set. All you have to do with the cheapies is find the size that fits over your line. Then where you see the bubble lookin fixture on your lines (right behind the intake) clip the tool on. Push the tool into the fitting until it releases. This is why I like the cheap plastic, because you can put a lot of pressure on it, and it will give until the fitting releases. If you are removing the fuel rail, then there are 2 fittings. Good luck, and don't smoke while you're under there!:thumbup

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, picked up what we needed at the dreaded AutoZone for 10.00. Sorry Fireguy, I haven't checked out your site yet, I just did leave the ranks of noobie by way of posts so I'm still new here ;) I may hit you up with a pm or 2 as this swap progresses. This wiring harness swap is a little intimidating. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts