Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you guys. Right now my bronco has really low oil pressure which I believe is from a clogged pickup tube/screen. Since I will have the pan off anyways I will be checking the bearing clearances and replacing the oil pump. This is where I need you help. I know that high pressure oil pumps put extra stress on the dist. gear, and oil pump drive shaft. I also know that 302/351w have good oiling systems, but will this thing give any benifit in my oil pressure? The website says that it will boost pressure by 30%. I know that if I buy this that I will need a hardened dist drive shaft also.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,907 Posts
it will also add stress to your gaskets. so if your motor has a lot of miles on it. i would just install a stock one.

late

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
I got a standard pressure/high volume from melling for about 30bucks. Didn't help my pressure any but it seems to work great and no new leaks......Might be an option for ya---Fog

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Kemicalburns always takes the words outa my mouth. Besides what he said, if you aren't running a high power application, then the stock pump is more than efficient. If you're gonna replace it, stock equivalent is good enough(IMO).

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
I went back and forth when I build my engine. the 400's have a shitty oiling system. should I use a high volume or stock. I finally went with stock. my pressure is 80psi cold, 50-65 driving and 25-30 at idle.

low oil pressure is a sign of worn bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts