Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/D60-high-steer-kit-for-kingpin-axles_p_19-1246.html

I see a ton of different arms out there. I'm sure I can pick any well known brand and be fine.
I'm just curious why the the adjustable type is better than other versions?

I've seen other ones that eliminate the springs and use shims in their place, and ones that retain the springs. What makes these so much better?

Price wise, these ones and the ones from partsmike are right in my range. I just wanted to do some research before I spent money.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,020 Posts
Nice thing about these is you can adjust the load on the kingpin & bearing, which you cant do with a solid spacer. Altho it seems to me that if the spacer is the right thickness, then it shouldnt really matter.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
This is my buddy who made these.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702480&highlight=

They are badass arms.

A lot of people claim that if you run the springs, you will get a lot of deflection (up and down) at the knuckle do to the spring compressing.

On the other hand, running springs will allow the springs to take a lot of hits instead of the kingpin and knuckle/c.

My buddy is building a KOH rig and is running springs, so I believe I will run springs as well. Something else to think about it reaming out the knuckles gives you pretty close to hi-steer height.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different question along the same lines.

Ok,

Regardless of which arms I go with, it seems like most come with all the hardware I'd need.

The only thing that's left out is the kingpin itself.

Are these reuseable?

Both of mine look good. I just dont want to buy 2 kingpin rebuild kits, if I only need one part from the entire kit. Plus, I dont see anywhere that one can buy them seperately.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
you only need to change the kingpins if they are worn out. a visual inspection is sufficient. and call up they guys that sell the rebuild kits most of them are piecing the kits together themselves and have extra stock of all the parts (might i suggest 4wdfactory)

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you only need to change the kingpins if they are worn out. a visual inspection is sufficient. and call up they guys that sell the rebuild kits most of them are piecing the kits together themselves and have extra stock of all the parts (might i suggest 4wdfactory)

The one I just pulled out is good to go.
I'll double check the one that came out first. It's been a while since I looked at it.

Thanks for the info:beer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.