Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to get away from the crazy family today for a little bit so I went outside and built a mount for my highlift. Ive had the thing just laying behind the front sets for a while and hated it being in the way. as you can see its out of the way of the rear passagers feet but still easily accessable and wont flop around. I dont have a pic of the bracket but its pretty simple, just a square plate with a 1/2 bolt welded to it and some wing nuts. I havent tryed but I dont think the rear seat will fold down with the highlift there, but all you have to do is unbolt it and move it a little and it will go down over the brackets.

I can build another set of brackets if anyone is interested

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
I considered making a bracket for mine, but laziness set in, and it never got done :toothless
I have mine laid down on the floor in the same spot, but not centered. If you push the base all the way over to the seatbelt coil (in my case, on the driver's side) the main assembly will lay out of the way of the seat when folded down, and since its jammed into the driver-side corner, nobody puts their feet there anyway:thumbup

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
pretty good idea :thumbup

nice thing about a cage like mine .. I don't have to worry about passengers feet .. they have to worry about their heads :p

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeha mine used to just lay there....Im trying to get everything bolted down that might become a flying object. This is pretty much the only place I could get the jack out of the way,

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Dustin said:
yeah mine used to just lay there....Im trying to get everything bolted down that might become a flying object. This is pretty much the only place I could get the jack out of the way,
Well, whever i go 'wheelin, the seat is folded down over top of it, so i can get everything else tied down flat against the floorboards. With the seat over top of it, it dont go nowhere :D

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plug ugly said:
just a thought, but what about if you pack stuff in the back?
thats filling up quick too. I got a pretty good sized tool box back there with all my tools, spare parts, fluids, straps,etc also the sub box is on one side, so a 60" high lift wont lay accross the back. I may also work the spare tire in back there one day too.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Nice Idea, I had always thought I would try to figure out a way to mount it to the back of the rear seat, but I like your way

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,564 Posts
not to dampen your project...
I had thought of that location for a mount for mine, after a year or so bouncing around the back seat floor.

Biggest problem I saw with it was when the jack gets real messy (rain, mud, snow, just sprayed with WD-40) then having to put it back into the truck.

Thats why I opted for outside storage.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Crazed said:
Dustin....can you flip the seat with it there?
:shrug
havent tryed yet, I dont think it will with the jack on, but it takes 2 seconds to unbolt it and move it to the floor then it will go down.

Biggest problem I saw with it was when the jack gets real messy (rain, mud, snow, just sprayed with WD-40) then having to put it back into the truck.
I keep my shit clean:goodfinge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts