Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else get hijacked to those BS spin the wheel website when trying to view topics on FSB?? I spend a good part of my time having to exit out and come back in....half the time I get drug back into the same garbage webpage.....

·
Super Moderator
23,710 Posts
Yo t,
No issue with me.
gOOgle, remove spin the lucky wheel from android...
...Or, from smartphone...windows ...

Which anti-virus program do you have? Does it include anti-malware?
And is it on an automatic update?

·
Addicted to Junk
10,862 Posts
@schwim help this poor fella out!

I used adguard to get rid of a cavalcade of pop ups here before I became a fullsize member. I still use it to this day and it works wonders, saving a GB of data a month, across the web.
@fullsize should also know about this

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Norton and its supposed to handle all this. I dont get these ads and spin wheels unless I'm here. Wasnt accusing just seeing if anyone else had the same issue....and how did they fix it. Thank you for the replies and that helps narrow it down...

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,187 Posts
Hi there quiet,

The issue with Norton(or any other internet security install) is that the rules are usually slow to update, allowing these exploits to work. I would consider installing the AdGuard browser extension. The extension is quick to block new ad exploits that occur.

This is not to talk anyone out of paying for the membership on the site. This is more about safe browsing. The issue is that the owner of this site has no control over exploitative or malicious ads that appear. In the time it takes them to getting around to removing one third-party ad that is designed to hurt you or your computer, another one can easily replace it.

I would never think of using the web without the ability to block ads and trackers.

·
Administrator
1,134 Posts
If this is the redirect I think it is, it's sneaking on the site through our ad network by way of a exploit with mobile devices.

Next time anyone gets this, can you grab the URL that you are taken to and post it here? Also confirm what sort of device you are using at the time (Android, Iphone, Ipad, etc.)

Kevin

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just had an annoying forced detour to a website that claimed that I won a $1000 gift card and to complete a survey. Being presented as Youtube but it is not. Wont let you leave it's grip..

I was viewing the FSB page "A/C orings on compressor blocks" in the Noobie section. The site address I was delivered to is happy.uslucky.xyz with the spinning wheel.

After re-accessing it again from holding down my back button, it disappears from history after the third time of accessing it again.

Samsung J3 browser and I have now downloaded Adguard to see if it helps

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,187 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts