Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
85 I6 manual...Ive had the hissing for a while from brake pedal Area(in the cab),as of last week when I press the brake pedal the RPMs lower like a vaccume leak....Bad brake booster is what im thinking??

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Yep. Booster is toast.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Agreed... bad booster.
The only other vacuum line that is affected by the break pedal is the vacuum dump for the cruise control.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all.Now why am I still a newbie or is that newbie question and a new post???hahahhaha
Thanks again I was just confirming B 4 I went and got a new one...Damn you Matlock

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
THERE'S A SNAKE ON YOUR FLOOR!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!! :rofl:

Just make sure your replacement is a U.S./Canadian-remanufactured, quality part. Shopping for price alone guarantees bad results on these trucks.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
Thanks all.Now why am I still a newbie or is that newbie question and a new post???hahahhaha
Thanks again I was just confirming B 4 I went and got a new one...Damn you Matlock
newbie question, this forum has nothing to do with how long you have been a member.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everybody listen up! We have to put a barrier between us and the snakes!
Ow! Get this ****ing snake off my ass!
Why exactly are there snakes in this Bronco?
Damn snakes damn newbie questions...Thanks RED ...lol Thanks alot (self asteem fizzles)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not trying to hi-jack your post nuckinfutz, i just want to see if i have the same problem. I too have been hearing a loud hiss or whoosh of air leaving something only when i push down on the brake pedal of my 96 Bronco. But the Bronco still seems to stop just as good as ever.
It just started doing this in the last 6 months, mainly the first couple times i press on the pedal. Brake Booster? even if it stops fine now?

Somewhere i read that the vent for the ruptured diaphram is by the brake pedal itself. I don't understand why it sometimes sounds like that if the braking seems perfectly normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Before you go out spend the cash on a booster try pulling the hose loose and capping the port on the manifold, (its the hose that penetrates the firewall just above the accelerator cable) then crank her up and apply the brake, if the hissing noise stops then its the vacuum break for the cruise control and you dont need to spend the money...but your cruise wont disengage by braking...so dont use it! Or reconnect it and live with the snake!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts