Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some scouting the other day and going a little too fast and hit a big hole and the front right tire is leaning pretty bad along with the whole truck. I am going to have some time off and was hoping to get some info as to what to look at. Thanks for the help

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
we need pics from under it looking at the ball joints, knuckles, tie rods, drag link etc etc.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
speed wheeling = great success.

pictures from under the vehical. and i dont know if it was just my PC but those pics are friggen huge.....smaller please :D
No kidding. Definately check your suspension components and your ball joints. Raise the vehicle and I'm sure you will find the problem quickly.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks like it could have been worse... get some pics that actually show some damage.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Those pics would be fine on my 47" LCD in the living room. On the 19" I saw a
green pixel.

Edit: Oops sorry, yes, those are a better size I can tell the top of the front tire is in
to far

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm assuming you drove it home like that and nothing fell off?

I'm betting on the coil spring. Can you remove the tire and take pictures from the side and underneath from the front. The more pictures you take the better it will help us help you.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Nothing jumps out at me from that pic. Look and take pics of the TTB components, like where thy mount to the bracket

EDIT: Where did all those pics come from, there was just one of the ball joint when I posted.

Nothing looks bad except for the bent drag link which would cause toe in, not what you have. Need more pics of the TTB.

Raise the vehicle too, it shouldn't be too hard to track down and use a pry bar to see what moves when it shouldn't

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
By one of the photos, it looks like the upper ball joint stud is shifted inward. Raise the wheel, check the ball joints. If you still can't finger out the problem, pop the wheel off and have a better look.

·
my bko ate my money
2,326 Posts
just curious??? i see alot of rust hows the upper coil/shock tower look?? we had a coil tower snap off on a speed bump from too much rust and it cuased this, other wise the only things that could cuase this is ball joints/ bent TTB/ bent brakets/ and possibly fubar`d bearings, do some of your own diagnostics and see what you find

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.