Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving into work tonight heading down the highway, cruise at 65 listening to some tunes and she jumped right out in front of me. I didn't even have a chance to hit my brakes. Front bumper cover, headlights, drivers fender, drivers door, and cowling all toast. Called my wife to come get me because all my antifreeze drained out, when she got there the first thing she said was "awwww, the cobra I got you for your grille for christmas is gone".........Thank god for full coverage.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
well your ok, to bad for your cobra, two of my friends where in Z24 and hit a deer in maine, after hitting the deer they went off the road and flipped. got hurt bad but walked away, you where lucky, can always rebuild it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What year?
03, bad thing is I'm sure my insurance company is not going to re-imburse me for the aftermarket hood i had and putt the stock one on it. :banghead

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
It could be worse, you could have been the deer:duh

It doesn't hurt to ask for the insurance to pay for the upgraded hood.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Pics of the damage?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics of the damage?
I'll go to the bodyshop tomorrow and see if I can upload some. The hood is fiberglass and the edge is all crunched and full of deer hair. Might make for an interesting picture but it was dark and my cellphone wouldnt take one

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oh, that blows man. Time to upgrade to some deer horns on the bumper of the terminator, should add about 10hp with those though.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,237 Posts
Wow, I'm glad you're okay. Here in alaska moose are a big concern. The damn things are EVERYWHERE, and they are huge. Driving smaller vehicles you wanna be careful because hitting one of those won't be pretty. I actually had one in the road coming home a few nights ago, just strolling down the middle of the street. Didn't realize what it was at first, turned on my brights and finally realized. The bronco scared it away hehe.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Friend of mine from high school hit a cow with his '72 Monte Carlo in a driving rainstorm. Wasn't pretty, apparently.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,824 Posts
hitting a deer is a comp claim and shouldnt cause your insurance to go up at all. it falls under the same policy as needing a windshield replaced due to being cracked etc.. Also if you provide reciepts for the hood and soforth they will honor it. if not you may want to find a new insurance company.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
hitting a deer is a comp claim and shouldnt cause your insurance to go up at all. it falls under the same policy as needing a windshield replaced due to being cracked etc.. Also if you provide reciepts for the hood and soforth they will honor it. if not you may want to find a new insurance company.
Agreed, my friend had his car get rear ended, and insurance covered the aftermarket tail lights

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
Just saw a totalled 03/04 terminator on my way home the other day. It saddens me cause by the time I will be ready to afford to have one....... they will all be gone or not for sale :cry

BTW my insurance was ready to cover for the FG hood I had on my WS6 when I wrecked it. :shrug

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Insurance company is going to cover the hood, probabl because it's a hundred bucks cheaper than the OEM one...................$5108.00 in damage...........damn deer

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
my buddy hit a deer in his 01 cobra. I got some pics of it I'll put up. damage sounds very similar to yours.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts