Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe i'm wrong, but

"This is a single rear wheel Dana 60 from an 86 F350"

isn't that a front axle
 

·
shibby
Joined
·
4,828 Posts
There's nothing wrong with it. The axle is from a truck with single rear wheels. If it was a "dual rear wheel" axle, it'd have big spacers for the wheel lugs to keep the deep dished dually wheels outboard.
 

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
Joined
·
4,522 Posts
only thing I see is he says it's a single Rear axle when it's obvious it's a front axle. since it has tie rods hanging off the front of it. And you can see the knuckles clear as day.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bad i'm a moron.


Smart People :twak ME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
He's just saying that it didn't come off a dually. He could have worded his description a bit better though. He's smart enough to know that a Chevy has the center section on the opposite side so I'm going to assume that he's smart enough to know the difference between a front and rear axle. :toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Dustball said:
There's nothing wrong with it. The axle is from a truck with single rear wheels. If it was a "dual rear wheel" axle, it'd have big spacers for the wheel lugs to keep the deep dished dually wheels outboard.

LOOK CLOSER IF IT IS A REAR AXLE i WANT TO KNOW WHEN FORD WENT TO REAR STEERING.
 

·
negative creep
Joined
·
8,651 Posts
you guys just don't get it do you.

Dustball said:
There's nothing wrong with it. The axle is from a truck with single rear wheels. If it was a "dual rear wheel" axle, it'd have big spacers for the wheel lugs to keep the deep dished dually wheels outboard.
he is exactly right.
 

·
hates EVERYTHING!
Joined
·
11,456 Posts
southrnpride69 said:
LOOK CLOSER IF IT IS A REAR AXLE i WANT TO KNOW WHEN FORD WENT TO REAR STEERING.
#1 kill the caps lock we're not deaf (or in this case blind) #2 Dustball's trying to say the deep dish dually "front" tires...you know that reverse backspacing (or what ever you'd call it) type wheel that a dually runs in the front.

It's just like Dixie Pirate said...he just worded it wrong. He meant to say front axle out of a "non" dually f-350.:shrug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
84BroncoII said:
his qoutes for forward air are wrong its only $120 to ship coast to coast on a pallet
Like hell it is. I believe my quote for WI-NC was about $225. I know it was a hell of a lot cheaper than anybody else, but still not $120.

It's more like $50/100#
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
seboh said:
Like hell it is. I believe my quote for WI-NC was about $225. I know it was a hell of a lot cheaper than anybody else, but still not $120.

It's more like $50/100#
thats the qoute i got over the phone from f a $120 for 600lbs on a pallet from Baltimore to sacramento
a d60 front is 550lbs hub to hub on a pallet :toothless
 

·
shibby
Joined
·
4,828 Posts
84BroncoII said:
thats the qoute i got over the phone from f a $120 for 600lbs on a pallet from Baltimore to sacramento
a d60 front is 550lbs hub to hub on a pallet :toothless
That's odd, according to Forward Air's online estimate, it's $286 to ship a 550 lb 70"x40"x20" pallet from Balt to Sac which is about right based on my past shipping experiences with them, approx $52 per 100 lbs.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top