Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well A few months back my tranny started acting up a little, Hitting hard into gears so on.. Well it stoped now today as im goin to Work my truck starts Banging into gear and it feels like somthings really holding it back severly, Well then i notice My Speedometer and mileage arent registering WTF can this be do i need a rebuild or is a sensor bad or what??? Thanks Guys..:banghead

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Check your fluid level first. I have heard the same thing more than once. When the owner checked the level it was low and adding tranny fluid fixed it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
When my 92 did the same thing it ended up being the psom. I had to order a new service one and problem solved. I don't know the differences between the '94 and '92 but I would start with whatever sends speed info to the speedometer (part of the psom) like a vss or for me a rabs sensor. Clean it and see if that helps. To check the psom I had to go to a 'you pull it' and find a compatible psom in a ford truck and try it out. It worked but it had about 250k miles on the odometer and the guy wanted 150 for it. So I spent the 300 or so and got a new one with my current mileage programmed in. Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
stangmata50l said:
GggggaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAaaaoooouch.

Pardon that brain fart...what's the PSOM?
PSOM (Programmable SpeedOmeter Module)

Simple awnser, the electronic speed-O-meter.

But in actuality much more complexe
It also tells the computer how fast the truck is going so it can calibrate the E4OD shift points.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
check your fuses. i think it is number 18 that feeds all that stuff.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMLIKEOJ very correct, Ended up being my rear view mirror kept blowing the damn fuse...I can believe that If my mirrors broke my truck will drive like shit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts