Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
When we have ass holes that take of their emissions and rip up the land, than land closer is one of the uneducated reactions. Said it before, we as a group need to better represent ourselves in a positive manner. We need to organize ourselves much like the hot rodders have done years ago.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
i'm sorry i didn't quite understand that, can you rephrase it?
Whats there to understand? instead of dealing with the real issue they closed the land down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i think i agree with you, just the wording was a bit awkward for me.
you scrambled my simple brain dude :confused:
:stupid

Had to read it again a few times

And i agree we need to have demonstrations of proper wheeling ect and show people its not like most of everyones videos tears the hell out of the ground rather its more of freedom and being able to get places most cant (however cookies in mudpits are badass......still....)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I will agree with everything in above this posts. On a brighter note, who say's there won't be "roads" in the wilderness? I foresee a future where more of our forests are protected which will be good but we'll have to work to make sure it doesn't lock out wheeling. This bill seems more focused on big tree timber and urban sprawl. If it some how includes removing trails in the fine print then it's something we'll need to right.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those environmentalists are so greedy and hateful to the OHV community it's not even funny anymore, they're afraid that a 4x4 might run into them while they're hugging a tree, BS!!!!!! Those lands are ours too! I seen a bumper sticker a while ago, Public Land Means Public Access. Just cause a small group of irresponsible OHV users that litter or go off the trail dosen't mean that the rest of us do! If I see any litter on a trail, I stop and pick it up, I want that trail to be there the next time I come. It seems like every spring when I head up to the mountains, more OHV trails are closed. :banghead

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
i'm sorry i didn't quite understand that, can you rephrase it?
i think what he meant was "closure"

When we have ass holes that take of their emissions and rip up the land, than land closure is one of the uneducated reactions.
make more better sense now?

·
search, you #$%@! noob
10,000 Posts
you can blame obama if you want, since he signed the bill, but the truth of the matter is, it's the people who push for these types of closures that are the real problem. witness this guy's comment to the link provided:

"That is one of the best bills passed. We need places where it is quiet and free of off road terrorists and be able to enjoy nature. If they are not protected they will be ruined by off roaders or land developers."

that is the reality of what we off roaders face today. we are treated as the enemy. mostly because of a minority of law breaking yahoos who destroy property, litter, etc. Like it or not, that is the perception of our sport. yet most of us sit back and do nothing, fail to write our representatives or get involved, or get organized period. imo, we have only ourselves to blame.

·
Registered
316 Posts
By the time my rig is ready to roll out, there will be no where to go... :(
This is ridiculous, The whole of FSB should send mass letters out to representatives.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
where i live the only wheelin' spots are a couple hours away, and there's only two of them at that distance. 4 hours and there's others like pismo, the hammers, etc.

what i'm getting at is, a lot of people i know (im not one of them btw) don't have places to go wheelin'.....of course that wont stop them from doing it... so they do it on private property, or in places which are off limits.....

....yes, they may be the irresponsible idiots who give us all bad names, but fact of the matter is, if you take away the designated places for wheelin' those people will just go do it somewhere else. its not going to stop them. just like making weed illegal doesnt stop people from smoking it, just like underage kids don't drink, or like prohibition was a good idea etc. what it really boils down to is just more government control. what i've come to find is that for everything that somebody enjoys (doesn't matter what it is) there is a group of people who don't like it and want to destroy it. name anything.. there is a group who doesnt like it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i agree we really should put something together and send it to all our state reps or whoever we need to.
im getting sick of not being able to hunt,fish and go wheelin. Guys the reason why those crazy groups get the things passed that they want passed is because they get there shit together and put a lot of pressure on the right people. i dont understan why we "FSB" cant do the samething.
they think we are a buck of blue collar rednecks. which isnt true at all. so lets start something. so when we start wheelin and they show up in there hybrids we can just monster truck there asses lmao hahahaha

·
Registered
121 Posts
here in south jersey there is a local state forrest where every year there is an orginized clean up... 100's of trucks show up and drive through the area picking up everything they can find, bring it back to the ranger station where there is a supplied dumpster.....
sounds like we must really be ruining the forrest by doing that. just goes to show that 1 a-hole ruins things for 10 good guys:lowblow

·
I'm stuck :)
725 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My solution is we all build our trucks bigger, go down to D.C. and start rolling over the tops of these douche bag politicians cars. Then they will beg us tot get out of the city and probably even designate land plots specifically for off roading.

Nahhh if i were Chuck Norris thats what i'd do. Cause you just don't f*ck with chuck.

but this is very discouraging to hear. :doh0715:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts