Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anyone tried to find a vacuum leak with any kind of smoke. I really dont want to open up the loom behind the manifold and start cracking stuff. besides hands on, is there any trade secrets to finding vacuum leaks???

Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Starter fluid works good, so does an un-lit propane torch. Just go over all connections with the spray or propane. When it sucks it in through a leak, the engine will rev up a bit. At that point, just need to look over that spot to find the leak.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
If those lines that are routed behind the plenum crack in your hands, isn't that the most opportune time for them to break? Trust me, if they're bad, they're going to break or already be broken. Replacement isn't difficult at all.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
A wiggle test on the ones that you can reach will work sometimes as well. Just keep the radio off and the kids from yelling so that you can hear the rpms jump and bounce........

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just went thru a whole can of carb cleaner, feeling good right now! But now change in idle, even had my GF watch the tach. I have been fighting 332. I have a new EGR and new positioner. I took the EVR off and cleaned it with MAF cleaner (since I just went thru the carb cleaner. Code still there. I am gonna go buy a new EVR tomorrow. I remembe on my old 4.9 egr valve, i could stick my fingers in it and move it, or feel it move. This one on my '95 just has a few little holes. Any tricks to see if its working, I rrrrrreally want a CEL Free Bronco!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just went thru a whole can of carb cleaner, feeling good right now! But no change in idle, even had my GF watch the tach. I have been fighting 332. I have a new EGR and new positioner. I took the EVR off and cleaned it with MAF cleaner (since I just went thru the carb cleaner. Code still there. I am gonna go buy a new EVR tomorrow. I remember on my old 4.9 egr valve, i could stick my fingers in it and move it, or feel it move. This one on my '95 just has a few little holes. Any tricks to see if its working, I rrrrrreally want a CEL Free Bronco!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.