Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the dilemma I'm in…

A) Spend $800-1000 on gathering all the remaining parts for my SAS (i.e.: shocks, front/rear springs, rear gear, tires, nuts/bolts, ect) And have everything ready to start the swap on the first warm day of spring?

or

B) Spend $800 on a '79 Bronco, 460 w/mds ignition upgrade, 4 in suspension, (looks like) 3 in body lift, comes with extra rear axle and rear leaf springs. Problems it has is no oil pressure after 25 mins of idle (possibly oil pump?), basic stuff like tune up, interior is trashed, and Michigan rust. (Sorry no pictures guys, my Digital camera to a chit on me.)

It was last tuesday and i was about to order about $900 worth or parts for the sa, when figured i would check craigslist for any thing interesting and came across this truck.

Now I would love to be able to get closer on completing the sas…but I feel like this is a deal I shouldn't pass even if it puts me a few months behind. I'd just like to hear what some of you guys think about this.

Thanks

Rob- :beer

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
SAS

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah I thought about that too. I figure that any vehicle you will have something you wish you could improve and with you SAS you are doing the designing so make it what you want. There will be other issues with that 79, stay with what you got.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
This really should be posted in the general chit chat area. There is no tech, and certainly no Solid Axle Swap. If you choose this option, then by all means post up your swap (that would be my position on your question).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts