Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a frame swap on my 96, got a 95 parts Bronco that I'm using. Went through and stripped the parts one no problem, got the body sitting on the ground next to the good frame, so almost halfway there. My question is, I connected the load leveler to the 4 middle bolts for the front seats, and had to get a friend to pick up the rear, rolled the engine hoist to the side, and set it down no problemo. Since this was a junk body, didn't care or pay much mind to what I was doing. Anyone see any problem doing this to my good body?

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
I dont know how it "felt" when you lifted the old one off.....but I would be reluctant to use those holes. The bracket that is under the floor is a little flimsy. It derives it's strength from it being welded to the floor sheetmetal and vise/versa. Here's a pic of the bracket after the floor has been skinned.

I dunno, I think if I were going to use any of those holes, I would use the seatbelt holes since they are larger and designed to hold up to forces that could be created in a crash. You could also use the body mount holes by the "b" pillar.

I lifted mine by running a strap all the way around it (through the door jambs).....but I had the doors off.

I have pics of my lift in the album linked above.

Good luck.

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
If you look at the pic, the brace that runs laterally is the seat belt brace, and is pretty sturdy. The other holes (body mount) are behind the yellow strap.

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
I'd use the body mount holes. Get some bolts/nuts long enough to stick out above the floor pan and have each bolt at each corner go through a loop of chain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts