Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, something went wrong this last weekend with the truck. Going over a small mountain pass sat. morning, rpm's were steady and I kept decellerating. She started shaking bad and running crappy with no power. Limped her 5 miles to the parents house, popped the hood and there was oil everywhere. Not to mention, she starts really hard now,and shakes like a SOB when idling. Took it to the mechanic and he did a compression test. 0 in #4. He said the oil was coming out of my dipstick. So, sounds like a hole in a piston. Gonna tear it apart to make sure. I can get it rebuilt to stock specs (bored .030 over) for right around 900 bucks. Is there anything I should upgrade while I am doing it? I cant think of anything off the top of my head, plus I dont want to deal with my CEL.Input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
cam it with a nice rv cam for more low end torque. Also go double roller timing chain and new valve springs. Go with the reinforced rubber 1 piece oil pan gasket it is more expensive but definatly worth it. I woul also think about opening it up a bit, intake and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
cam it with a nice rv cam for more low end torque. Also go double roller timing chain and new valve springs. Go with the reinforced rubber 1 piece oil pan gasket it is more expensive but definatly worth it. I woul also think about opening it up a bit, intake and exhaust.
wow, you can stop giving advise now :twak
double roller timing chain is the only thing you got right

Cylinder heads and exhaust are you best 2 upgrades for a 1995 5.0L if you can swing the $$$$
Leave the rest alone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts