Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a rebuilt 4180c @ 1 month ago and it has been running fine. I have not started the Bronco in @ 2 weeks and tonight when I started her after warm up it would not idle and coughed gas through the internal vent tube. Doing some searching I understand that may be due to debris in the float needle assembly? I understand the remedy is to remove and clean the needle, reinstall, reset float level?
Before I proceed I would appreciate any input and guidance regarding the cleaning, float level set. Any filter recommendations as I only have the internal carb filter.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
pinch off the rubber fuel line so it will drain the fuel bowl by using up all of the gas in the bowl , then let it fill up again, and repeat. This might clear crap out of the needle and seat by letting it go to extremes, this has worked for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
pinch off the rubber fuel line so it will drain the fuel bowl by using up all of the gas in the bowl , then let it fill up again, and repeat. This might clear crap out of the needle and seat by letting it go to extremes, this has worked for me.
That might work, but if it fixes the needle/seat problem, the next problem is that the little piece of $hit is now stuck in a jet, accelerator nozzle, idle passage, etc. You may have to open it up and clean it anyway.
A good fuel filter is the best insurance to keep your carb clean.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, a fuel filter is getting installed as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts