Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
you can put a 88*90 intank pump in the 78 bronco. I know because that is what I run. For your efi you can change the pump to a high pressure one. By doing this you get the return line on the new sending / pump combination, what I did was add an fittings to the pump pressure line and return line. You don't have to do this .
outlaw bob, does the 88-90 ford fuel pump put out enough pressure to run the holley sniper off of?

·
Registered
1978 351M C6 & 1986 5.0L AOD
46 Posts
In the 78, is a cable required for both the throttle and kickdown or just the kickdown?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
the 78 have solid kick down rod and throttle rod, the 79 have cables for the throttle and I think they still used the kick down rod.
What I did on my 78, I still use the carb solid rod , but on the trans I switched to a lokar kick down cable. You could use the factory trans kick down rod but you will need the extension that holley sells. I suggest you contact crazy bronco guys here on the forum. He has more knowledge on this since he has already done it all on his 78. You can look at his pages under the build area.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts