Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall.. I am new to the area and also new to owning a bronco.. Im new here with the Military and am wanting to go out to Hollister Hills probably next weekend but I was wondering if it is very stock truck friendly.. My Bronco only has 31 ATs on it until I am able to get a lift on it.. But I dont want to go to this place and find that its only a place for the big dogs to ride.. Also, is anyone else from here thinking about going out there anytime soon.. Id love to meet some other people in the area that are as much into fourwheeling as I am.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
There are pleanty of trails you will enjoy. But it will be muddy, making all of them harder.

Id say go and cruise around, see what you see. Hopefully someone with some knowledge of the place can head out with you.

You'll have a great time, go and get muddy.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Except for the mud, you can drive all over that place if your just getting into wheeling. Bring cash and a tow strap. Get a map at the rangers station.

·
Registered
275 Posts
hey cool. it is very stock friendly on some trails. if i remember last time there was a new expedition there. me and my friendsw are thinking about going either this weekend or next weekend.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been into wheeling for a while.. I just used to be over on the East Coast and would run Uwharrie.. My last two trucks were a Tracker and a Cherokee, both of which were on 33 TSLs. Oh yeah, and you saying that its muddy just makes me want to go there all the more.

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
yeah i live in gilroy 15 min from the main entrance, and i can tell you its muddy as hell

make sure you have front and rear tow points and a tow rope just incase right now

·
Registered
722 Posts
WELCOME! i would go there with you but im in the middle of selling my bronco so can do anything to it!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know how that goes.. Good luck with that sale.. Its killing me because I want to go out there this weekend but I just got my wisdom teeth pulled today and they have me on quarters all weekend.. Its alright cause Vicadin makes everything alright.. Haha..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to take my stock TJ all over HH including the black diamonds. Not sure how a FSB will do out there. But there are tons of trails, you should have no problem finding something :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
So are you guys rollin' out this weekend (2/2-2/3)? If so, it's going to be mad slop out there with all the rain we're getting. Good to go if you've got aggressive tires. I'd be up for a run the following weekend (2/9-2/10).

·
Registered
54 Posts
as soon as my wheels come in, I plan on heading out there. The last time I went, blew my third member all to shit on a Black Diamond trail, now I have a Dana 60 and will crawl all the way up the trail... if not, something else will be upgraded

1 - 15 of 15 Posts