Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to Hollister with newbronc today and did a couple trails. spent most of our time on the really twisty place next to truck hill and on the jungle trail. the jungle was ****ing awesome today, kind of like a mini tank trap. it was by far the nastiest i have ever seen it, but it rocked.

we were doing good until newbronc busted a hub (thats what we thought it was at least) and lost 4wd about 50 yards from the top of the trail. then when he was backing down, he lost the bead on the drivers rear tire. it was a gnarly location, because it was at the hardest part of the trail and there was no way i was pulling him up and i wasn't looking forward to coming back up the trail and then having to back up all the way down in the dark. good thing a guy with a winch came by and we were able to get newbronc out a side trail.

teaser pics:

there were quite a few spots like this -->

MT/Rs really do flex pretty good :brownbag

the rest are here:
http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=2318&s=15626#content

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Great pics .. looks like it was a blast! .. just wet enough to give a little slip and yet dry enough to make steady progress :p

didn't jopes say winches are for puzzies? .. more like winches are lifesavers :thumbup

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
dammit I need tires!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
with the off camber picture, is he touching anywhere on the passenger side to hold him there?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
dogonmut said:
Looks like fun. I wish we had some trails with ooze around here. :thumbup
no you dont......

·
Registered
50 Posts
I went to get the tire re-set today and it's toast. Big buldge on the sidewall. I still don't know if it's a hub or the transfercase that finally blew (been hurtin ever since the CON). I'm gonna have to start throwing money at this thing pretty soon. Looking for a half used 35" mt/r or a killer deal on a set of 37's and a sawzall blade. Gonna hit my sponsor=Pick and Pull up for a transfer case. Gotta get back to that trail before it stops raining. Jungle trail= 1 Dan= 0 . Andy rocked it though. He's ready for the con. Completely not afraid of body damage. :thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OldBlue said:
with the off camber picture, is he touching anywhere on the passenger side to hold him there?
ummm, not really. there was a spot later in the trail, right after where dan broke and i was tilted just as much. it was a little, pucker factor but felt stable.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Could have sworn I relpied to this after you sent me a few of the pictures on AIM.

Looks like an awesome trip. And, Since we are running almost the same lifts, I am completely ready to step up to 35's and beat the piss out of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts