Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mornin all! got a question about carbs my ol trusty 83 has the 351w w the factory holley carb, c6 trans, anyway at times when wheeling if i go down or up for that matter a steep incline, she tends to load up with fuel, im sure its the carb, now ive seen and heard good things about the holley truck avenger carbs, but what im wondering is can i turn my factory holley into a truck avenger, only reson why is this carb is perfect otherwise, very good power, decent gas mileage, if you consider 12 decent! and i just rebuilt it about 6 months ago and idles smooth. ift its not possible well then ill buy it, but id figure id ask the experts. thanx mmmm coffee

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I too am curious about this.

Have you tried to contact Holley and see if there are parts available to retrofit older carbs?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not yet, was just wondering if anybody tried it, from what ive read the main differences are spring loaded needles and a metal tube that joins the front and rear bowl vents. which ive been thinking about trying, its possible fuel is sloshing out of the bowl vent, causing my rich condition on steep inclines. hmmm to the garage i go.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
i take it that is a 4bbl.
i saw on pirate that guys really like the motorcraft 2100 carb, but it is 2bbl.
i am rebuilding one now and it has a dampner spring on the float to help with 'rough' conditions.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its a factory 4 brl holley off a slightly newer bronco. but id did have a 79 4x4 shortie with the 351 m and a 4 spd that truck had a 2 brl and that carb had a spring on the float, which come to think of it that truck had no problems with inclines. god i miss that truck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts