Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Homebrew DUI

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Blown 
#1 ·
I just saw fordnut's post about his engine, over on PJB, and saw the DUI distributor in there, and got to thinking - would it be possible to mix-n-match GM and Ford distributor parts, to get the HEI ignition w/o the DUI cost?

I think it might be time to pick up a junker GM and Ford dist's and see if it's possible

(yeah, I copied and pasted here, I'm lazy... :goodfinge )

#3 ·
Yup its possible to take a gm hei moduel and mount it on a ford dist and make it so you have a 1 wire hook up But, you still wont have a dui distributer. Dui are nice cause there an easy 1 wire hookup but, what really makes them shine is there advance curves they will set them up to work good with your engine combo. diffrence between a stock advance curve and a perfromance curve can pay big dividens on the butox dyno.

#5 ·
This is why I'm asking about this - not only for the one-wire hookup, but because of simplicity, and better adjustability. Basically, what I'd like to try to do is, either put the ford cam gear on the chevy dist., or use the whole ford dist. shaft with the chevy dist., or some other mix from the chevy dist. body-down

And thanks for the offer, bnkr, but unless you really feel like it, it might be more hassle than it's worth to send that - especially when I can pick one up for next to nuthin... thank tho :thumbup

$250 + for a DUI setup, holy crap! :twak

#6 ·
I just go with the MSD probillit distributor... but im spoiled with good taste and a bank account that goes down faster then up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.