1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
I found Honda's response amusing, claiming the test is false because "such a big difference between front and rear grip that would never exist in the real world", even though that test is EXACTLY what happens in real world, as I'm sure anybody who's ever driven on snow and ice can attest to. I wonder how they tested their own system before they implemented it?

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
I found Honda's response amusing, claiming the test is false because "such a big difference between front and rear grip that would never exist in the real world", even though that test is EXACTLY what happens in real world, as I'm sure anybody who's ever driven on snow and ice can attest to. I wonder how they tested their own system before they implemented it?
They drove really really fast around a corner and when it didn't spin out as much they called it good.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
I drove an AWD element last winter for a week in some nasty snow and ice, I had ZERO a issues at all. A little tire slip at WOT then it hooked and just WENT. Was doing 45mph in 6inches of snow with ease....then I slowed down.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
The 92 AWD Plymouth minivan I had ran perfectly in snow and on ice; but the only problem with its AWD system was a designed-in rear axle disconnect in reverse. I still can't figure out why.....:scratchhe

·
Registered
646 Posts
pretty revealing test. I had a 99 CRV and it performed well as I live in the mountains and quite a bit of snow, WTS I never really tested it.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,658 Posts
Interesting. We picked up an '89 Honda Civic RT4WD for the ol' lady's kid at the beginning of the summer. So far she's been running amok with it and it's been pretty solid.
I'll have to take it for a quick, test spin this winter though and see if it's as big a fail as the newer ones when it comes to the 4WD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts