Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty good around engines and such but can't figure out why my Lawnmower dies after a few seconds. It started doing it after it ran out of fuel and I refilled it with NEW gas. Seems like perhaps air or a clog in the fuel system but I couldn't find anything. Anyone know how to fix mowers?
Thanks

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Check the fuel line for obstructions, also remove and clean the carb. There is a chance some debris settled and is partially clogging the main jet.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
First thing I would do is remove the fuel line from the carb and see if gas runs out. Be sure the fuel valve (lowest position on the speed sontrol) is in a run position and not the "fuel-off" position. If gas runs out take the carb off and tear it apart and clean it. Maybe pull the spark plug first and have a looksee too

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
on the honda motors at work, we have problems with water getting into the gas, going into the carb, and cutting them off. take the bowl off the bottom of the carb, clean all the debris out. the other day at work the carts would randomly cut off or start cutting out, and i took the bowl off the bottom of the carb, and there was water in it, it seperates from the gas after a while.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
also, make sure the float in the bottom of the carb isnt stuck, it will make them leak gas and the motor will get to much and it will drown them out sometimes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts