1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
the only bad thing i see is that your selling it.

keep it!
:stupid

I saw this yesterday and i actully put a bid in knowing full well i would get out bid, but since its one of my favorite Bronco i had to do it or i would have been pissed for not even trying.

I know i can't afford it but how high is the reserve.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I don't like the front bumper most of all. The other little things I don't care for is the missing bolts on the front upper shock mounts (or was the picture taken at mock up?, the obnoxious gauges on top of the dash and A pillar, The AC line brackets and other AC parts that were not removed with the rest of the AC system, The exposed wiring and butt connectors that came out of the loom on top of the radiator, the front tire rub marks on the link bars, and I'd like to have inner fenders on the front to help keep water and sand off the engine.
I still like 99.8% of the truck and I'd buy it in a second if I was in the market for something like that. That front bumper would be the first thing to go though. Don't take it personally, I don't like tube bumpers on anything.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I for one am now a hater-I hate you for being cool enough to build something like this because it is much cooler than anything I have built. seriously, though, that is bad ass, and I don't know anyone would be a punk about it other than they are just jealous. If you complete the sale on this, any new projects planned?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hate.. Hmmm. waste of time building all that and not going 6bt.

And the shot of the rocker panel, well, you need a better buffer guy..

seriously its a fine truck, and you should expect some hate.. People have a shitty day and find it ridiculous, or are envious, and they share their shitty day with hate at your shi-ite.

Good luck!

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you For the most part Mike, I don't even like the front bumper and the messy wiring pics were taken in the engine swap process. The ac lines need to be put back in , the pump and rest of the parts are there. Yes that was during mock up.

That's not the comments and bs this a hole had to say. Here is his e mail and my reply.

"wow this thing is incredibly horrible and dangerous. Nice non triangulated 4 link. I love the extremely unsafe steering setup too. Why not just go hydro like you should have? Did you set out to make a death trap? Nice trail grading axle "truss" you got there too lmao. what a piece
- juggy426"

and my reply

Dear juggy426,

From your question I guess your not going to be bidding on the truck. I figure by your comments your a 16 year old who has nothing better to do with his life but send off anoying e mails and posts on all the message boards. You have no basis to say the truck is a death trap with unsafe steering. The style of four link I choose to build the truck with was for streetability not rock crawling. By the way full hydraulic steering is not legal for street use. The axle truss's are for looks not function since it was mainly built as a show/street truck. I understand the truck isn't your taste but that doesn't mean you need to shoot your mouth off with some vapid e mail. Thanks for looking though.
- jmdegennaro

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have always loved the Bronco. Sweet build!

One thing that drives me nuts about ebay ads are when people don't post the most recent up to date pictures of the vehicle they are listing. If someone is truely interested in the truck they will ask for build pictures. Go out and take roughly 10-15 pictures interior and exterior of the vehicle as it sits today and list them.

Other than that thumbs up!

-Curtis-

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
I have always loved the Bronco. Sweet build!

One thing that drives me nuts about ebay ads are when people don't post the most recent up to date pictures of the vehicle they are listing. If someone is truely interested in the truck they will ask for build pictures. Go out and take roughly 10-15 pictures interior and exterior of the vehicle as it sits today and list them.

Other than that thumbs up!

-Curtis-
I'm with lak, Ditch the inprogress photos and list all current pic's. The brainless people will think that it's in that condition still. Also less outside stance picks and more closeup of just the truck along with more detailed pics of the interior and engine bay. you wana show off what it has not what it looks like in a distance.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to take your suggestions on the add, I know it's most likely not going to hit the reserve. It just annoys me when people run their mouth when they have no idea what their talking about.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well here is my honest opinion on that there truck you got goin...............................................................GIVE IT TO ME !!!!!! :thumbup

hey your not all that far. come on help a brother out :goodfinge :histerica
no it looks good to me, I wouldn't sell it for anything less then $6000 ;)
wish I could buy it , damn it man :smilie_slap

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
sure that email isn't from a buddy just jerkin your chain?:hahaif not, i'm sure it's some jerk with nothing better to do....like you said.i wouldn't even bother responding.
i can honestly say that it looks like you've got a lot of time and money tied up in the truck, and if your selling it, i wouldn't change a thing.leave the nitpicking stuff for the buyer to tweak....they'll probably change some stuff anyway.if somebody is looking for a bad ass bronco that is "turn key", they'll bid on it and not talk shit.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
to be perfectly honest, i don't really like anything on your truck and think show trucks are totally gay. but who the fawk cares what i think, you've obviously got countless hours into it and your work is top notch which is something everyone can appreciate.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
too big and muding centered for my tastes. body lift , gauges, braided hoses, and carbon fiber trim look kinda ricerey. whatever floats your boat

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sold that truck about a year ago for 3,000 and the kid has had it on craiglist for 6,000 eversince he bought it, he thinks he bought a pot of gold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Personally, I think its a bit unecessary. However, just like a mini-truck, I can genuinely appreciate the thought, fab time, and craftsmanship. I hope you get what you're looking for. I agree though, just show finished pictures, thats what people are buying.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts