Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just put my hood back on and i cant get the back(cab side) to come all the way down like it used to , ive tried adjustign and moving the hood but it continues to me incorrectly fitted,:banghead what gives?

·
Registered
165 Posts
You've to two choices:

1. Just keep messin with it.

2. You or a small friend climb in the engine bay with a flash light and tool(s), close the hood and adjust it with the hood closed. Who ever is outside can direct the person under the hood if it needs to be lifted up or let down a little. Then tighten the bolts back up and you can proceed with the other side. :thumbup

You'll get it, just keep trying.

Solid.
:beer

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Did you adjust the hinge at the firewall? That allows up and down changes. Make sure your weatherstrip along the firewall isn't holding the hood up. Hoods are a bitch to align, it takes a lot of messing around to get them right.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Since my trucks are not mint..I was debating using rubber mounts say like an inch...Hood is always perfect than.....Dunno...I have the same problem with mine.....

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
colinlesser said:
it was the hinges that werent right, ok project bwast is prepping for RATTLE CAN PAIN!!!!
Colin, wren't you talking abouit stripping your paint? If you are going to or even considering doing all that work, why don't you do it right and by a spray gun. The result will be much better. You do have a compressor right? It will be like when you first bought your welder, you'll be painting everything. (Start with all the other stuff first, for practice.)

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welder? what are you talking about? i dont have a compressor or welder, im working on it minal money style, and besides as long as i prime it, wetsand it, and use krylon it should turnout pretty good

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I got you confused with collinperformance, he got a welder. I assumed since you mentioned that you had an orbital sander of sorts that you had a compressor. But I am still wondering why you considered stripping the paint just to follow up with a spray balm. Unless you can find one that has a large spray pattern you will either end up with those ugly lines or a lot of runs, IMO.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Next time you remove the hood or doors get a sharpie or a piece of chalk and outline the brackets.

-Matt

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
new toys are always fun. i cut almost everything i could with this new plasma cutter. the wife hid my 220 plug adapter so now i am back to welding and thinking of new stuff.........mike

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
collinsperformance said:
new toys are always fun. i cut almost everything i could with this new plasma cutter. the wife hid my 220 plug adapter so now i am back to welding and thinking of new stuff.........mike
Weld her to the front bumper, then ask her if she still wants to hide stuff from you. Or maybe Epoxy her to it, then she won't have any burn marks.:toothless

·
Registered
634 Posts
colinlesser said:
welder? what are you talking about? i dont have a compressor or welder, im working on it minal money style, and besides as long as i prime it, wetsand it, and use krylon it should turnout pretty good

What's minal money? Any good here in the U.S. or only in Minalvia? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts