Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking of adding a boss or cobra style hood scoop to my 78
wondering what you guys are using for scoops on the 78-79 hoods be it functional or just for looks
and can you post a pic what you are using

did a search and kept coming up with member Scoop

·
Registered
870 Posts
Her's what i did to my 78 bronco. Bought a fiberglass scoop off the internet, and bonded it to my hood, it's functional, still trying to figure how to make a seal for it under the hood.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those are cool. thanks for posting
I really like the t bird one
now to find at bird hood to chop up!

I did one on another car and installed the metal flange under the hood opening and welded it in that way
I was able to finish pretty much without filler,but that was a smaller scoop and hood

I am thinking about the bolt on ones in that NPD sells currently

thinking the boss 429 or the mach 1,but the mach on may be too long

I see they also list a steel cowl hood for 80-86 bronco as well
https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/hood_steel_cowl_scoop-143169-0.html

https://www.npdlink.com/store/index.php?catalog_cid=0&p=catalog&mode=newsearch&parent=0&mid=0&search_in=all&search_str=hood+scoop&pg=1

I think I prefer a bolt on as it is easier,and I am lazy
but a good blend in one can look a whole lot better
the cowl one looks good too,,but I don't think I want a cowl hood, seems like everyone at local car shows has a cowl hood on their car or truck,too common around me

I have seen a lot of stupid looking hood decorations over the years and I do not want to be THAT guy
want it to look like something that could have come from the factory

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,662 Posts
I always like the scoop Crazed put on his street truck. simple style would work on a 78/9 easy enough... but I'll be damned if I can find a pic of it tonight. must be 4/20. :shrug

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
here's my bronco with a functional cowl hood I have built, I used a old hood I had for the scoop.
:thumbup

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they look awesome

I also thought some new stang cobra ones too,or even the dodge ram truck hood bulge

I think I am too lazy though,not enough hrs in a day to drill holes to bolt one on,let alone 50 hrs to graft the grabbers one

looks awesome and you now have something no one else has

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,140 Posts
Andy Frear runs a scoop. Although it's not a 78/79, & doesn't even look much like an 89 anymore either.

This guy used part of a wheel barrow for a cowl induction scoop on his Early Bronco. It looks like it could have been run facing forward as well.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Andy Frear runs a scoop. Although it's not a 78/79, & doesn't even look much like an 89 anymore either.

This guy used part of a wheel barrow for a cowl induction scoop on his Early Bronco. It looks like it could have been run facing forward as well.
very creative and cheap,i love to repurpose things

first time I have seen used as a hood scoop

I have seen a bunch of times for firewalls on an engine swap scenario

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,662 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts